Customer Service 866.965.0400

HGG over Glass Sealant?

falcaineer

Question

May have been asked on here before but can't find the posts/answers, so two questions:

1) Is it OK to apply HGG over glass that's been treated with GS

2) And if so, what's the procedure to reapply GS once it has warn off? In other words, do I need to strip and/or clay the glass to have a non-HGG coated surface?

5 answers to this question

1) Yes

2) You can strip and clay the glass if you wish, but chances are if your Glass Sealant has worn off, then you probably need to reapply HGG as well. 

I actually applied Glass Sealant today, and next wash I'll apply HGG over the entire vehicle. Normally once I notice the Sealant is no longer working, I simply wash the windows and apply it again. I suppose a strip and clay would really bare the glass, but I only touch my vehicle twice a year with Strip Wash and apply Glass Sealant more frequently than that, so I just wash with CWS and clay the windshield before applying Glass Sealant.

The two seem to interact well from my experience but glass seems to be a very sensitive surface in some cases. I would def clay the glass when you go to reapply. It's super easy to do and give the sealant the best surface to adhere to.

I've not been happy with how H2O guard and gloss reacts with Glass Sealant on my windshield, so I typically do not use the two together on the windshield. Any other window, no problem though.

I agree with John 100%.  I love H2O on paint but don't really love it on glass or trim.