Customer Service 866.965.0400

Perfect Paint Need wax suggestion

musclejunkie

Question

5 answers to this question

All factory paint is cured at the factory and can be sealed / waxed / coated. When paint comes from a body shop you should wait about 60 days so the paint can breathe and cure. I would ask whoever did it.

If you want good protection, use the paint sealant, that will get really good protection, then top with a wax, like the new buttery wax, or Americana for shine. You could even use patriot, just know the higher you go the better and longer lasting protection and shine you get, but at a higher price.

You could also look into ceramic coating the whole car, that will shine and give the best protection.

I agree with Michael: 90 days before putting any sealer or wax on fresh paintwork from a body shop. Didn't you ask the shop that did the work? Seems if you are on this forum that would be one of the first questions you would have asked when you picked up the car!

WELL, SHAME SHAME SHAME ON ME!!!!!  You're right!  Should have asked the painter!  Should I go to the corner of the detail classroom?  haha!  I called them this morning and they put a light coat of wax on it already.  So, I guess I should not have asked the question, sorry.  I was so excited to get my car back, it slipped my feeble mind.  They did an AWESOME JOB!!!  Not cheap, but man worth every penny.  Car is in better shape than many of the new ones I've seen with horrid hood, fender and front fascia alignments.  I'm going to try Dr. Colorchip on my rocker panels that are dinged up, then cover with 3M paint guard.  Really, really, really horrid design by FMC.  Shame on them!  Rockers should be chrome like the old days.  Not, non-durable painted plastic.  Geesh!  Maybe I'll splurge for carbon fiber black ones.  But man, those are mega-bucks!   Going to do a whole body correction this weekend.  I pulled off the stripes couple weeks ago.  I like it it a lot better without the racing stripes.  Cleaner look. For my "process" I'm going with strip wash, non-Adams brand Clay bar with Adam's Detail Spray lube, Adams two correction polishes followed by glaze, sealant and then the new Buttery.  IT'S DETAIL TIME!!!   :party: