Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wiper Fluid Question

Aceitup1011

Question

Ok so i was thinking the other day.....would it be pointless or stupid ..maybe both to put glass cleaner in with the wiper fluid?.....would that even work? or help?

sry lol just thinking out of the box

or am i dumb and wiper fluid is basicly a cleaner ??

21 answers to this question

The thought has crossed my mind in the past too, but I wouldn't mix the two together. Putting straight glass cleaner in the reservoir would deliver way too much cleaner when you use it. I don't know about any dilution methods for the glass cleaner, but if it's usable diluted then that would be in my opinion the only logical application. I personally go through a lot of wiper fluid especially this time of year. Wiper fluid is like $3 a gallon, Glass cleaner is $30.

Edited by GerryC

Chemically traditional wiper fluids are watered down glass cleaners. To make it affordable enough to provide glass cleaner in new vehicles, glass cleaners are heavily diluted, dyed a different color, and tossed into the car's reservoir. In a pinch, glass cleaner will be fine.

Just make sure that the freeze point is below zero in the colder climates! I use the stuff in the winter that doesn't freeze till like -30 and the stuff in the summer that melts the bugs away better.

The thought has crossed my mind in the past too, but I wouldn't mix the two together. Putting straight glass cleaner in the reservoir would deliver way too much cleaner when you use it. I don't know about any dilution methods for the glass cleaner, but if it's usable diluted then that would be in my opinion the only logical application. I personally go through a lot of wiper fluid especially this time of year. Wiper fluid is like $3 a gallon, Glass cleaner is $30.

:iagree: Well said Gerry!

I use Rain-X Bug Remover washer fluid; it works well on the bugs and applies Rain-X as well. I agree that you don't need the wipers at highway speeds, but sometimes it makes if difficult to find the 'correct' wiper speed when driving around town!

Right on Shane! Beautiful truck man, really nice! Congrats, and that is an absolutely fresh looking ride.

Let me know how you like it after a few thousand miles!:thumbsup:

Pushing 9,000 right now. Been a great truck. One thing I'm really impressed with and I have no idea why but this truck goes REALLY good in the snow, especially deep stuff. I don't know if its these tires or what it is but I was really impressed this winter.

n669059433_2275779_6753121.jpg

n669059433_2275777_5660097.jpgn669059433_2275778_8384545.jpgNotice my little plastic plow in the 2nd pic? :burnout:

Edited by Superdutytd

Awesome photos Shane! Big parking lot? Beautiful photos, looks like fun! Never played with ours in the snow, but here our a few photos of our rig, which is now our Canadian Show setup::D

So that thing tours Canada? Do you have one that tours the US?

For some reason I thought you guys had an F-450 but I must have been wrong. I actually almost got a Red F-450 but then decided against it then the economy tanked and we didn't end up buying a new Kenworth for the company. Arrggg

Pushing 9,000 right now. Been a great truck. One thing I'm really impressed with and I have no idea why but this truck goes REALLY good in the snow, especially deep stuff. I don't know if its these tires or what it is but I was really impressed this winter.

n669059433_2275779_6753121.jpg

n669059433_2275777_5660097.jpgn669059433_2275778_8384545.jpgNotice my little plastic plow in the 2nd pic? :burnout:

You need to try it on layered snow insteadd of fluffy snow i dont think it will get as far

Edited by 11chevz71