Customer Service 866.965.0400

Convertible as daily driver

Klisby

Question

All,

Have a convertible as a daily driver.

I perform weekly washes (with Adams blue soap, detail, h2o, etc) but how should I treat the top? Should I include some kind of routine in the weekly clean, and how will the reppelant on the top work if I wash it weekly? Do I need to reapply? Top is the only thing I do not treat with Adams, here I use raggtop. It is easily to find how to videos on how to make the full treat (wash and coating) but maybe that is a little overkill on a weekly basis?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

The top should be fine with a wipe down with Car Wash Shampoo during your weekly wash.  Not sure what you use to clean it with, but a utility MF towel soaked in the wash solution, or the Fender Brush should work fine.  I have a old Adam's carpet brush (semi-stiff bristles) I use on my vinyl tonneau to deep clean it.  The Car Wash Shampoo will not remove the RaggTopp protectant.

Actually Adam has recommended RaggTopp on here before. 

The new Adams interior brush is what I use, its soft enough to scrub my top. My top is a canvas top, since you didn't specify if your top was vinyl or canvas. For my canvas top I treat it every two months just to make sure it's UV protected especially during the summer months. I use the 303 pruducts on my top.

I have my vert top treated with Ragg Topp.  As for washing, I wash the top the same as the rest of the car with Adam's Car Shampoo and a wash wedge.  Never did any harm, and didn't harm the protection either.  I've never used any brush on it.