Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie question about Waxing in direct sunlight

myturn89

Question

Hey guys/gals,

I have an 89 vette and am going to make the initial purchase to start the "detailing process" (Thanks AJ - Junkman2008 at corvette forum). I have a question regarding sunlight. I do not have any shade in my yard and have a very small garage that just fits my vette. Can I use the polishing kit from adams in the sunlight?

8 answers to this question

I know that Buttery Wax can certainly be used in the direct sunlight and in any temp.

I use Machine Super Wax on my truck and I have never had any issue using it outside in direct light. However, I try to use it inside the garage whenever possible. I worry more about dust particles getting on the surface than I do direct sunlight. Adams products are all real good about being applicable in lots of situations...

I say you can have at it...wax away!

I know that Buttery Wax can certainly be used in the direct sunlight and in any temp.

I use Machine Super Wax on my truck and I have never had any issue using it outside in direct light. However, I try to use it inside the garage whenever possible. I worry more about dust particles getting on the surface than I do direct sunlight. Adams products are all real good about being applicable in lots of situations...

I say you can have at it...wax away!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I've found (not with Adam's as I don't have my kit yet and it could very well be different with them) that putting the car out in the sun to get the paint nice and warm always makes the waxes easier to apply and spread out and easier to remove.

I've found (not with Adam's as I don't have my kit yet and it could very well be different with them) that putting the car out in the sun to get the paint nice and warm always makes the waxes easier to apply and spread out and easier to remove.

I've only used Adam's in sub 70ºF weather and it works VERY well.