Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to buy for the first timer!

BrianT

Question

Okay guys and Gals this will be my first buy from Adam!

I have a couple of Q's on what to buy.

1 bottle APC

1 Swirl and haze remover car polish

1 revive prewax cleaner polish

1 buttery wax

1 machine superwax

3 pak micro towels

2 2-sided black and white pads

1 swirl orange killer pad

My question is what should I buy and what should I pass on? If there is anything I missed let me know

This will be for my 2003 Dodge Ram and my wifes 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited. Both are garage kept and the GC is already be clayed and the Ram will be clay prior to this. I will be buying the PC for my arm would fall off doing my truck!:burnout:

Thanks,

Brian

10 answers to this question

no interior products? (carpet and upholstery cleaner, glass cleaner, leather cleaner and conditioner, red applicator pads)

also get VRT, undercarriage spray, blue applicator pads, clay bar, car wash and a couple white waffle towels. those are must haves to complete the exterior. especially the undercarriage spray on the wheelwells since on trucks there is so much exposed

i know its expensiver for a first purchase, but all of them are pretty much necessary. you could do like i did and just buy bits at a time.

also a bucket and bucket grit guard and car wash mit from adams wouldnt hurt any(probably help alot lol)

The big hole that I see in this order is DETAIL SPRAY!!! This is a must-have!

Also, I would add Brilliant Spray Glaze and Invisible Undercarriage Spray. The BSG is amazing and really makes your finish pop. The IUS does just what its name implies. Your whell wells will have a nice matte finish, making them look great compared to nasty discolored stuff.

Oh, and if you are going to use the Swirl & Haze Remover, I strongly suggest you follow with some Fine Machine Polish. It's good for correcting any marks made by the orange pad in the previous step.

Oh, and since you are going to correct your finish and make it glass-like, I imagine you want to keep it that way. For that reason I suggest the car wash (tons of suds), the wash mitt (super soft) and the white towel (soaks up water and is super soft as well). Oh, and the grit-guard bucket insert.

Oh, and....

Edited by estecoca

I don't know why I forgot the detail spray. Do I need all that "polish"? Like buy the swirl and haze and not the revive, do I need both?? And the buttery wax and the superwax again do I need both??

Edited by BrianT

I don't know why I forgot the detail spray. Do I need all that "polish"? (Like buy the swirl and haze and not the revive) do I need both??

I use the following approach to correcting scratches/swirls:

1. Orange pad with Swirl & Haze remover

2. White pad with Fine Machine Polish (FMP)

3. Black pad with Machine Super Wax

For less serious stuff I use the white pad with a combo of S&H and FMP.

I like my results!

Also, I have yet to use the Buttery Wax, but I will be picking some up soon. From what I can tell, it really adds depth and shine, but not so much protective quality as the Super Machine Wax.

Okay guys and Gals this will be my first buy from Adam!

I have a couple of Q's on what to buy.

1 bottle APC

1 Swirl and haze remover car polish

1 revive prewax cleaner polish

1 buttery wax

1 machine superwax

3 pak micro towels

2 2-sided black and white pads

1 swirl orange killer pad

My question is what should I buy and what should I pass on? If there is anything I missed let me know

This will be for my 2003 Dodge Ram and my wifes 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited. Both are garage kept and the GC is already be clayed and the Ram will be clay prior to this. I will be buying the PC for my arm would fall off doing my truck!:burnout:

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Welcome to the forum! I have an 05 Ram 1500 quad cab and the Invisible Undercarriage Spray is a must. Nothing beats a freshly cleaned truck with the IUS applied. It makes those big wheel wells look perfect.

Also, the Detail Spray is amazing. Drying a truck that size is a pain in the rear end. I don't know what your drying technique is but I use the technique that Adam showed me through one of his videos. After you wash it, spray it down with detail spray and then dry. AWESOME results.

Those are my two cents. There are guys on here that have been doing this a long long time and they will also have great feedback. One other thing in regards to the pads. The generation 2 pads are great. I just picked up a new set this past weekend. The new backing plate is so much better than the older one. Good luck with your choices.

Rob

Lots of good advice here :2thumbs:

For a truck I would start with the Complete machine essentials kit, lots of paint !!!!! Add a bottle of Invisible Under Carriage spray and some VRT. That will get you up and running :2thumbs:

Then you can look at the Perfect Wash kit so the swirls don't come back :rockon: