Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Adams products are body shop safe post paintwork.

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys. Just curious which products here are body shop safe. Looking to do some work on a vehicle that was painted about a month ago and paint still needs to gas out. Which products can I apply that will still allow paint to gas out but leave some sort of protection/shine on the paint. 

9 answers to this question

Glad this got brought up...I'm going to be having some scratches and dents fixed on my truck (Going to have almost every body panel painted) and I was planning on correcting and sealing after (Within a week to two) but I guess that would not be possible.  I don't know if I can live with my paint being naked for 1-3 months in Michigan winter weather! 

7 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

I always suggest that clients talk to their painters to get the full cure time.  It varies with paint manufacturers.  There is no universal rule for how long to wait.

This. Always ask the body shop. I recently had some bodywork done, and because the shop baked the paint/car, it was ready for polish right away. Cheaper paint jobs, not so much...months, even.

Just wanted to bump this with a little info...I talked to my dad who has owned body shops since the 80s and he said that, a baked paint job should be given anywhere from 2-4 weeks to cure or more to be safe.  He's had customers that have ceramic coated or even waxed their cars immediately and had their paint crack at stress points.