Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally did it! (pics)

mblouir

Question

Following up on this:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459

Spring break finally rolled around and I did a little paint correction. I managed to find a bit of time between projects and homework so graciously assigned by professors over break. It rained yesterday so I had to wait for it to stop before I could wash and clay it. Got finished claying around 4 am and managed to find a little bit of sleep. Woke up today, chugged some coffee, and dressed the trim/tires, polished, waxed, etc...

This was my main goal today--swirl removal:

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

Since it rained I had a little fun before the detail....so this is what I had to start with:

bg2.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

And this is what I ended up with after a lot of sweat and some sore arms:

(Did a quick interior job, too. The white specks on the close-ups/reflectos are in the paint.)

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

Thanks Adam for some great products! I love the deep shine! I still have some deeper scratches to remove since this is my daily driver, but those can wait for when I have a lot of free time. I'm extremely satisfied and happy that my truck now looks like she should. :D Nothing but hand-washing with proper technique from now on. I'm in the process of buying some ptm fender flares because the ones I have now are just spray-painted to match so they don't take dressing too well.

Edited by mblouir

23 answers to this question

I don't think that thing will ever end but it's a good contest anyways :lolsmack:

I threw them over that way. Thanks for the compliments--it certainly was a job. I wish I had time right now to get out all the defects but I'm extremely satisfied with how it turned out. Yes I love the black. :D

Jim,

I washed/clayed the night before...that took from roughly 10pm to 4am. It was raining so I had to wait for it to stop before I washed it, which is why I did it so late. Tried to take my time claying--it was a job.

For the corrective work, I started around 9am and finished around 4pm. I don't think that 7 hours is too bad, considering I could have taken more time (or more days) and gotten out every single swirl mark. I got out a large majority, though. When I say corrective work I include the swirl/haze remover, fine machine polish, and waxing.

Yeah next chance I have I'm going to really take a long time on it. Spread it out over several days and get every flaw out. It was a blast getting it dirty, although I couldn't help but worry about how many quarters I'd waste at the self-serve hosing off the undercarriage. :willy:

Thanks!

Jim,

I washed/clayed the night before...that took from roughly 10pm to 4am. It was raining so I had to wait for it to stop before I washed it, which is why I did it so late. Tried to take my time claying--it was a job.

For the corrective work, I started around 9am and finished around 4pm. I don't think that 7 hours is too bad, considering I could have taken more time (or more days) and gotten out every single swirl mark. I got out a large majority, though. When I say corrective work I include the swirl/haze remover, fine machine polish, and waxing.

A while it looks like ;)

Even the interior shines:thumbsup:

Sure beats the old days when I used to use lemon Pledge on the seats and dash...

The lemon pledge on the bench seat worked good. I'd make a hard right turn and my girl friend (Married her 35 years ago) would slide right over next to me...:glasses: