Customer Service 866.965.0400

New small wheel woolie, 2018 Camaro ZL1 front caliper

JohnnyOats

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the forum, and great question! I haven't had a chance to check on a ZL1 yet, but I do have a friend's 6th Gen Camaro SS at my house right now and the Small Wheel Woolie does fit in between the caliper and barrel of the wheel with about a 1/4" to spare. The diameter of the wool material is 1.75" at the widest part, and it will squeeze down to about 1.5", so you could measure the gap between the ZL1 caliper and the barrel of the wheel to see if it will fit. 

Just from looking at pictures of the ZL1 brakes, it looks like a very tight fit, so you may have to clean one half of the barrel, then move the car forward a few feet to get the other half of the barrel clean.

2 hours ago, LSX Maestro said:

Unless the SS is optioned with the brake upgrade or 1LE track pack then the ZL1’s brakes are quite larger. I think the only thing you’re getting between a ZL1’s caliper and wheel is some pipe cleaner, lol. 

Agreed, I looked at pictures and saw maybe about 1" of clearance at some spots of the caliper, but not many.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:34 AM, JohnnyOats said:

I have a 2018 Camaro ZL1 with HUGE front brake calipers.  Does anyone know if the new small wheel woolie will fit between the barrel and caliper?

I just detailed a 2018 ZL1 yesterday and used the new small woolie. It DOES fit between the barrel & caliper!