Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Sealant + Guard & Gloss

WMUCarGuy

Question

I just detailed my wife's Subaru Crosstrek and used Liquid Paint Sealant for the first time. So far, I'm amazed by the results of actually using the product, and the shine upon completion. I've yet to see how well it will hold up over time, but I'm expecting good things. This car looks really neat with the baby blue paint and the chunky black cladding.

For the car's next couple of washes, I was aiming to just do a simple wash and then use Guard & Gloss to dry & finish things off. I just purchased G&G, but have not used it yet. Are there any issues with repeated applications of G&G on top of paint sealant over time? I won't be washing the car all the time, maybe every couple of weeks, but I want to make sure piling layers of G&G on top of each other, on top of paint sealant isn't eventually going to make things look wonky, how having too many coats of wax on top of each other could.

Thanks!

30769137_10106257490246302_884525867_o.jpg

30825042_10106256707749432_194132124_o.jpg

Edited by WMUCarGuy

9 answers to this question

Nice work and you're correct, you'll want to wait probably a month between H2O GG applications after washes.  If excessive weather/salt or strong cleaners (read: car washes etc.) have been used then you can do it sooner.  If it hasn't been applied yet, I'd wash it and apply it now and then by about the third or fourth wash (or month or so) then re-apply H2O GG.  Apply lightly, no need to go crazy with spraying it on the car.  You'll use too much and can make the buffing step harder.  Good thing about H2O GG is it can be applied to all surfaces. 

This combo is what I was using on my car for awhile, I applied H2O GG once about every three weeks since I drive alot (30k miles a year) and during winter I didn't apply it once for about 3 months, the result was protection and water beading throughout all of winter, save for the bottom third of my doors and the rest of the car due to the aggressiveness of Pennsylvania's road treatments in winter. I do about 2 sprays per door/panel and have had fantastic results.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

@Raige93 Thanks for letting me know! I plan to apply the Paint Sealant by hand at the end of May. I have never applied anything before so I may do say, the roof first to see how that goes and then the rest of the car as per your application. Thank you!

@DaFunkyFish No problem at all. I "prime" the hex grip by putting about 5 drops on it and rub it into the surface of the pad with my fingers. Then I put 2-3 drops on and do about 1/2-1/3 of the hood or an equivalent area. Once I have to apply pressure to get any more product to spread I add 2-3 more drops. Once I'm done, I go back to where I started and buff off with a double soft towel or equivalent towel. It's really a pretty easy process and the results are great. 

5 hours ago, DaFunkyFish said:

@Raige93 Thanks for letting me know! I plan to apply the Paint Sealant by hand at the end of May. I have never applied anything before so I may do say, the roof first to see how that goes and then the rest of the car as per your application. Thank you!

I just applied LPS by hand yesterday on my Camaro.  It's a very simple process.  Use a little bit too much on the first panel/section to get the pad loaded a bit and then go very light after that or buffing off will be a pain.  I just go around the whole vehicle applying the LPS and then buff it off once I get done.  20-30 minutes max.