Customer Service 866.965.0400

Horse Trailer Detail

Superdutytd

The pads did show up on time but I did not get to use them on the trailer because it would downpour then sunshine, then do it over and over again. Horse pics...

The white horse was a rescue, the first pic is him a month after being rescued. The second pic with the mare (who is also a rescue) is what they looks like now :)

Edited by Superdutytd

The brown horse is absolutely beautiful, not that is other horse is not pretty too . I used to ride a horse in a Mardi Gras parade here as a parade marshall with about 250,000 spectators lining the streets along the parade route . Talk about getting a horse spooked and acting up .

Shane, I am just curious what steps you used cleaning the trailer. I have an 18' trailer that I bought for long distance hauling of my 32. Being white is has the black streaks from the aluminum rails even though I put a rubberized coating on the roof to cover the aluminum. I can see more than one day trying to polish and wax that beast. I don't like the black streaks and I have tried the power wash and even brushing cleaning with concentrated cleaner. It looks like the PC and polish is the only way to get it off.

Shane, I am just curious what steps you used cleaning the trailer. I have an 18' trailer that I bought for long distance hauling of my 32. Being white is has the black streaks from the aluminum rails even though I put a rubberized coating on the roof to cover the aluminum. I can see more than one day trying to polish and wax that beast. I don't like the black streaks and I have tried the power wash and even brushing cleaning with concentrated cleaner. It looks like the PC and polish is the only way to get it off.

Tom I have a 24' enclosed trailer for my 36 for away trips. I have problems with black streaks on the white also. Last Sept. I used Revive and the PC to buff trailer and it worked great. Very easy and fast to make trailer look like new. I tried Meguiars Cleaner Wax a couple of years ago and was a lot of work. The Revive was so fast and much faster. This Spring I am painting an etching white paint on the raw aluminum roof and see if this will help stop the black streaks. I also hope this will help reflect the sun and help keep the trailer cooler inside. If you or anyone has other ideas please post.

There is a product I use on RV's called 'Korkay awning cleaner', it is amazing stuff for removing black streaks, but it can strip paint if not used correctly.

Sara Lou

I've got to think that there's an Adam's product that would do the job, too, and most likely be safer for the finish as well. One of the beauties of all the Adam's stuff is that it's very hard to cause harm or damage with any of them. :cheers:

I did not get those streaks off either. I used RV wash and it worked great for washing but wasn't quite harsh enough for the algae growing on the roof. I was also using a soft bristle brush (not boars hair but not stiff). I need to clean all the aluminum with a cleaner too because even though its not too bad it still could use it, maybe adam's metal polish?

C6Bill he's a Belgium draft horse, 1800 pounds and 18 hands high.

I don't really think adams makes a strong enough washing solution (To take off black marks on a trailer)

Oh and just to clarify the tire shine is not adam's VRT. ;)

Edited by Superdutytd