Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use?

Andyram78

Question

I currently painted a tailgate for my truck and in a couple days going to wet sand it.  Normally I have used 3M products but would like to know what is best product to use after wet sanding and all the way to final wax?  First time really trying Adams so want to see how it compares to what i have always used.

6 answers to this question

Well you will want to wait for the paint to fully cure before you do too much to it. 

As for what to use, what are you using on the rest of the vehicle? What are your goals for it? Daily protection? Weekend shine? show and shine? they each have a different route to take. 

Yea tailgate will be cured in a few days then I will wet sand.  It is a daily driver but do like my vehicles to shine.  I have used various brands out there but 3M products have always been great after you paint a vehicle

I would say some H2O if you want a quick finish that will hold up a bit. You can always layer it with some Paint Sealant to get some really great protection as well as some good shine. Thou a Ceramic coating on the vehicle would be a nice touch as well. 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, Andyram78 said:

I currently painted a tailgate for my truck and in a couple days going to wet sand it.  Normally I have used 3M products but would like to know what is best product to use after wet sanding and all the way to final wax?  First time really trying Adams so want to see how it compares to what i have always used.

The only 3M products I used was their wet sanding paper, all other products to get the scratches out was Adams. Have used 3M 105 compound etc., its not going to cut as well as Adams Used a Flex 3401, 2 step pain correcting polish from Adams as well as Adams pads, finished off with Adams Brilliant Glaze and the Adams Patriot Wax. 

Pics are my Shelby 6 months later looking as good as it did the day I was done with it !

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg