Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Aching Back.....Just Cleaned the Whip

JoeySr

Question

Went on a short drive, 4,750 miles to be exact, down to the Bondurant racing school for a free fun filled day at the track learning how to drive & then on to San Diego and up the coast to San Francisco and home. Ran her hot and hard & did not take it easy, getting a new windshield in the morning as this one was toast the 1st 500 miles......

Anyway....looking for some shortcuts, I've had multiple back surgeries, lots of metal, can't bend/twist and other crap that make it hard to detail the whip.....and on the road it get's even worse...sometimes I'm not physically able to actually wash it and wiping down with H20G&G after a touch free car wash is all I can do.

Used a foam gun, couple buckets, brushes, wheel cleaner (they were black from the brakes) tire cleaner and then H20G&G, no wax, no polish or anything and this is how she looks....

Have not attacked the interior yet.......

Have another 2.5K mile road trip coming up in a couple weeks, will get home & then turn and burn on yet another 4k mile road trip to Pittsburgh/Gettysburg and back before the snow starts to fall....

Ideas/tips/tricks on how get the best results using the least effort.......

o8K8rAU.jpg

11 answers to this question

You sound like a candidate for a coating.  The great thing about them is you can use strong soap (Strip Wash, or add APC to your favorite Adam's soap) to clean the car, and not worry about affecting the protection.  This should make cleaning after a long road trip easier.  

2 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

You sound like a candidate for a coating.  The great thing about them is you can use strong soap (Strip Wash, or add APC to your favorite Adam's soap) to clean the car, and not worry about affecting the protection.

I could not agree more. I love being able to squirt APC on my truck knowing it wont strip my CC protection off.

Not to mention since this car is seeing the track and what appears to be harsh environments (IE windshield replacement) the extra projection of CC would nut hurt.

5 hours ago, vollychief said:

I can't offer any short cuts but your car is sharp!  I don't think I have seen that color before. 

It's called "f8' and a throwback to the late 60's early 70's.....

4 hours ago, mc2hill said:

You sound like a candidate for a coating.  The great thing about them is you can use strong soap (Strip Wash, or add APC to your favorite Adam's soap) to clean the car, and not worry about affecting the protection.  This should make cleaning after a long road trip easier.  

Coating as in ceramic???

Will need to find somebody to actually do it, what should one look for in a shop and are they all created equal, or is one better than another??

31 minutes ago, JoeySr said:

Coating as in ceramic???

Will need to find somebody to actually do it, what should one look for in a shop and are they all created equal, or is one better than another??

Maybe the folks in your area or Adam's could recommend someone local.  Heck maybe you could 'offer up' your whip as a test mule for them!

49 minutes ago, JoeySr said:

It's called "f8' and a throwback to the late 60's early 70's.....

Its an awesome color, first released very tailed end of 68, but technically a 1969 color, brought back at least for now as a 1 year release. 

I have a Shaker Chally Scat pack in F8 and LOVE IT! Its really an awesome color and has a lot of pearl to it. 

As for tips and tricks, get a stool to roll around on, really helps with the pain from bending all the time. Also, plan out your detail make sure you can move around as needed or use the planning to minimize your bending. Sometimes a good plan is all it takes. 

8 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Maybe the folks in your area or Adam's could recommend someone local.  Heck maybe you could 'offer up' your whip as a test mule for them!

Attended a Horsepower Therapy event at their new location and Adam gave us **** cuz it was so dirty and he used it as the washing detail demo car.....now if I could just get back down there when they are open....or be in the area for one of their events.

8 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

Its an awesome color, first released very tailed end of 68, but technically a 1969 color, brought back at least for now as a 1 year release. 

I have a Shaker Chally Scat pack in F8 and LOVE IT! Its really an awesome color and has a lot of pearl to it. 

As for tips and tricks, get a stool to roll around on, really helps with the pain from bending all the time. Also, plan out your detail make sure you can move around as needed or use the planning to minimize your bending. Sometimes a good plan is all it takes. 

Had a 16 Red Scat pack, saw this one, gave it a test drive and it came home with us, could not believe how much better the ride is and that's very important for me & now with SRT only producing them one year in the green.......need to get a build sheet so I can tell exactly how many were made in this configuration/color.....

I would love to know how many F8 were made overall, but I doubt that info will be released for a bit yet. Im hoping to get a build sheet as well for the chally side eventually. Heck I bought mine from 400 miles away lol thank goodness it was my buddy that was the sales manager who took care of me. 

28 minutes ago, pirahnah3 said:

I would love to know how many F8 were made overall, but I doubt that info will be released for a bit yet. Im hoping to get a build sheet as well for the chally side eventually. Heck I bought mine from 400 miles away lol thank goodness it was my buddy that was the sales manager who took care of me. 

Read this on another forum, "2018 builds end on July 13, PLMCRZY should have numbers not long after that" so I'm just waiting for PLMCRZY to announce when the Config Trees are ready.