Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm appaled!

jub jub

At our local Corvette Club meet this past Saturday, I was standing in the parking lot after the meeting looking at all the cars and one thing I noticed, the paint finishes were terrible! Every single car I looked at had swirl and scratch marks in abundance! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I was thinking, "These folks need to be schooled in the Adam House of Schooling!" :lolsmack:

I'm having a difficult time dealing with the fact that my Corvette brethren are so slack. Maybe slack is too harsh, clueless would be more like it. :D I guess it's time I hold a class and teach them the ways of the force!

Truth be told, I knew diddly squat about polishing and waxing until I bought a black car. Black opens up a whole new world in car care!

It always amazes me when people say about how hard black is to keep clean. It's not any harder than any other color. It's just that most people are too lazy to work on their lighter colored cars cause they can't see the dirt as much. It's still there. Just as much as dirt is on the lighter cars as on the black cars. :pc:

You know what they say Rich, "Seeing is believing!"

I think black is a nice color for the Vette, but, with the pollen in abundance, it drives me crazy! I just get done washing and drying the car and it's dirty!

You have to remember, my last Corvette was yellow and I really didn't care much if there was pollen in the air.

Detail at NIGHT !!! Drive all Day !!!! :2thumbs:

DV

:iagree::iagree: You know what you're doing Denny :cheers:

Alot of guys I know with Vettes don't feel the same way I do about detailing. I think they are knuckleheads, no show all go, I believe in making a cake and eating it too. Haul azz but look good doing it :D

I'm sure a lot of those guys laugh at you think you just spend too much time detailing your car and not enough time driving it. Oh well; to each their own. I get pleasure from all the time I spend driving AND detailing.

Oh my... I just realized something. I'm a waxer!!! :help:

Rich

Haul azz but look good doing it :D <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I feel this way also:banana:

When we went on a little cruise in AZ, we ran through some rain, actually we stopped to eat and it rained while we were eating, and when we came our there were three or four guys that got out their towels and started wiping down their cars:mad:, I about screamed, maybe I did:willy:

Maybe that's why I like it here,,,,,,,,,, :2thumbs:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

When we went on a little cruise in AZ, we ran through some rain, actually we stopped to eat and it rained while we were eating, and when we came our there were three or four guys that got out their towels and started wiping down their cars:mad:, I about screamed, maybe I did:willy:

Shine On

That's a good point. I might have a dilemma coming up. This weekend is our "Corvettes On The Mall" car show. We will put our cars in the mall after it closes at 9 PM on Friday night. There is a 70% chance of rain. Now, if I drive my car to the mall and it's raining, how do I go about detailing my car without risking scratching the finish. It's bound to have dirt on it from driving in the rain.

I really want to support this but I'm at a loss as to what to do if it rains.

That's a good point. I might have a dilemma coming up. This weekend is our "Corvettes On The Mall" car show. We will put our cars in the mall after it closes at 9 PM on Friday night. There is a 70% chance of rain. Now, if I drive my car to the mall and it's raining, how do I go about detailing my car without risking scratching the finish. It's bound to have dirt on it from driving in the rain.

I really want to support this but I'm at a loss as to what to do if it rains.

You are seriously worried about if it rains on your car? :loser:

Try putting it on the track sometime. (and off a couple times, lol)

My view is cars are meant to be driven. Beat the hell out of them, drive them like you stole them, track them, and if you have time wash it or throw a coat of wax on it every once in a while. I've done it both ways and I can tell you at the end of a bunch of years of flogging a car, or letting it sit in the garage hoping no one breathes on it wrong- the former is a LOT more fun.:2thumbs:

:iagree::iagree: You know what you're doing Denny :cheers:

Alot of guys I know with Vettes don't feel the same way I do about detailing. I think they are knuckleheads, no show all go, I believe in making a cake and eating it too. Haul azz but look good doing it :D

Yep! I relax doing it. Gets me out of the house and I can see what I've accomplished when I'm done. Yeah, I go to car shows, but I drive that beast too. I like the black and taking care of it. That way I KNOW my car is clean...........not just "looks" clean. :2thumbs:

Shine On

Now those guys, I laugh at. :lolsmack:

You are seriously worried about if it rains on your car? :loser:

Try putting it on the track sometime. (and off a couple times, lol)

My view is cars are meant to be driven. Beat the hell out of them, drive them like you stole them, track them, and if you have time wash it or throw a coat of wax on it every once in a while. I've done it both ways and I can tell you at the end of a bunch of years of flogging a car, or letting it sit in the garage hoping no one breathes on it wrong- the former is a LOT more fun.:2thumbs:

The only water my car sees is out of my wash bucket :lolsmack:

I don't know about anyone else here but I certainly drive my car the intended way on the street and on the track. I just believe in scorching peoples retinas while doing it :jester:

Mines black and a daily driver and it isn't perfect either. NO WAY it ever will be. I'd never be able to drive and enjoy it if I tried to keep it perfect.

I think some people just enjoy the car and don't bother to have scratch free paint.

Chris