Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just a few questions

SS LeadFoot

Question

Getting ready to do a full detail this Monday and I have a few questions.

Using the foam cannon for the first time and I was wondering do I still need to wash it down after I foam it up or just spray on and off? Guessing the foam is just an extra step for protection. 

Will use the swirl killer for the first time. How to avoid doing damage like those crazy swirls I see all the time.

Will end with ceramic coating. Do I add polish on the car and then ceramic coat? Will the ceramic coating stick to the polish?

That is all I can think of right now.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SS LeadFoot said:

Getting ready to do a full detail this Monday and I have a few questions.

Using the foam cannon for the first time and I was wondering do I still need to wash it down after I foam it up or just spray on and off? Guessing the foam is just an extra step for protection. 

Will use the swirl killer for the first time. How to avoid doing damage like those crazy swirls I see all the time.

Will end with ceramic coating. Do I add polish on the car and then ceramic coat? Will the ceramic coating stick to the polish?

That is all I can think of right now.

The foam cannon is a great tool as it will add tons of suds and thick foam. It will loosen all the dirt making it easier to come off. I always foam the car, and then immediately  follow and agitate it with a wash mit.  That way you’re scrubbing any hard caked on dirt that might not have fallen off. 

As far as the ceramic coating goes I am not too sure due to I have never ceramic coated anything so I am not familiar. Maybe @falcaineer or @shane@detailedreflections Can chime in and give you some insight. Can’t wait to see pictures! 

You’ll still want to wash it like normal once you use the foam cannon. The foam cannon just lets the foam dwell and encapsulate longer. So foam, and scrub like normal. 

The buffer trails you conmonly see are from misused rotary polishers. With your DA machine, you should be good. Keep it moving and change your pads more often than you think you need to. 

Before coating, you’ll remove all the polish residue. Your question sounds like you may not have the best grasp of coatings and how they work. I mean that respectfully. If you don’t understand them and do the proper prep, you’ll make a headache for yourself. Do a lot of reading. Ask a lot of questions before jumping to ceramic coatings.