Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant vs Ice Scraper

zw470

Question

How does Glass Sealant hold up to the use of an ice scraper on the glass?  I was cleaning off the 4Runner's windows this morning and I noticed how effortlessly the scraper was gliding across the glass, then I started wondering how much GS was coming off with the ice.

2 answers to this question

In my experience not anywhere near enough, if any, to make it noticeable.  Much of the sealant probably fills in the microscopic pits and pores of the glass so the scraper wouldn't really remove that.  I've gotten so used to using Rain-X many years before better sealants came along and now Glass Sealant, that driving a vehicle in the rain with nothing on the glass feels strange.

23 hours ago, Parad0x said:

In my experience not anywhere near enough, if any, to make it noticeable.  Much of the sealant probably fills in the microscopic pits and pores of the glass so the scraper wouldn't really remove that.  I've gotten so used to using Rain-X many years before better sealants came along and now Glass Sealant, that driving a vehicle in the rain with nothing on the glass feels strange.

Is it just me or does the rainx smell exactly like GS? Obviously it has to made from simlar chemicals but the scent seems identical.