Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tornador Tool

shane@detailedreflections

Question

So some people have inquired about the tornador tool recently and if it’s good, or how it works. 

We had a vehicle in with some light dog hair and I thought to snap a quick video of it in action. 

Any serious detailer should consider having this tool in their toolbox!  We use it on EVERY detail we do. Great for door jambs, carpets, etc. 

6 answers to this question

Awesome thanks for the video. i recently got a steamer so tornador is the next tool on my list. 

few questions:

is this a knock off tornador or THE tornador black?

do you use the vacuum attachment ever?

what cleaners do you use in the tool or just water?

AND of course. . what are the specs of the compressor you run it on?

ive got a 26gallon bostich. 4.1cfm@90psi

so capacity is good but cfm a little lower than ideal so not sure if tornador would be my best choice.

1 hour ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

Awesome thanks for the video. i recently got a steamer so tornador is the next tool on my list. 

few questions:

is this a knock off tornador or THE tornador black?

do you use the vacuum attachment ever?

what cleaners do you use in the tool or just water?

AND of course. . what are the specs of the compressor you run it on?

ive got a 26gallon bostich. 4.1cfm@90psi

so capacity is good but cfm a little lower than ideal so not sure if tornador would be my best choice.

Our tool is not a knock off. We use our tools...A LOT so I’m hesitant about knock off products. Our tool has been through the ringer. 

Our is the black. And the reality is we don’t use the vac attachment. It’s still unused. That being said, if we didn’t have an extractor it would probably be used all the time. We have a MyTee hot water extractor so that does the final cleanup duty. Between that and our 135psi steamer, we have most things covered. 

We use diluted APC mostly. We have used carpet and upholstery cleaner in it too. But APC is the go to. 

The compressor is a 20 gallon Husky that’s 4 cfm at 90psi. It’s a little underpowered for continuous use, but with our workflow it typically has time to recover without delaying our process. 

When we bought a tornador and put it to use, I wondered why we didn’t get one sooner. We use it that much. 

12 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Our tool is not a knock off. We use our tools...A LOT so I’m hesitant about knock off products. Our tool has been through the ringer. 

Our is the black. And the reality is we don’t use the vac attachment. It’s still unused. That being said, if we didn’t have an extractor it would probably be used all the time. We have a MyTee hot water extractor so that does the final cleanup duty. Between that and our 135psi steamer, we have most things covered. 

We use diluted APC mostly. We have used carpet and upholstery cleaner in it too. But APC is the go to. 

The compressor is a 20 gallon Husky that’s 4 cfm at 90psi. It’s a little underpowered for continuous use, but with our workflow it typically has time to recover without delaying our process. 

When we bought a tornador and put it to use, I wondered why we didn’t get one sooner. We use it that much. 

That’s great to hear shane! sounds like my compressor will be more than adequate. and i had the same thought after 1st use of my steamer although it’s not nearly as powerful as yours it sounds like. i’ve just got the mcculloch 1385. 

what do you find yourself using the tornador vs steamer on? i use my steamer on so much it’s hard to imagine needing another tool. so what niche does the tornador fit?

1 hour ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

That’s great to hear shane! sounds like my compressor will be more than adequate. and i had the same thought after 1st use of my steamer although it’s not nearly as powerful as yours it sounds like. i’ve just got the mcculloch 1385. 

what do you find yourself using the tornador vs steamer on? i use my steamer on so much it’s hard to imagine needing another tool. so what niche does the tornador fit?

The MC1385 is a great machine. It’s what we started with actually. I sold it to a member here. 

The tornador works on a different principal. Air and chemical. It pulls things to the surface where the steamer helps to loosen them. It has no removing power. Once you use it, you’ll find constant niches for it and use it more and more. 

1 hour ago, aaronc1 said:

Question? what compressor would you recommend and say it maximize the performance of the tornado?

It really depends on how heavy you want to use it. Our twenty gallon is fine for the most part. It’s not continuous use for us, but it’s adequate. 

Ideally you want 5.2-6.4 cfm at 90 psi. Ours is about 4 cfm at 90 psi.

Ultimately it depends on what you want to do. Being not continuous use, it works just fine for us.