Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black trim restorer

Silverwing

Question

I'm thinking about purchasing the black trim restorer but I'm have a little bit of an issue with chemicals running. I have a bright yellow car and I'm worried about it running after a rain. Does this product run at all or does it stay where it's put? Will I see black running down the side of my car after a couple days of rain?
Any feedback on the trim restorer would be exceptionally helpful as well.
Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Not sure how much help this will be, but I've used it on my White car and have had no runs from it.  Only thing is, I used the Ceramic Trim Coating on it the next day, so that could have locked in any potential for runs.  Same results when used on plastics on a SeaDoo, but again, Ceramic after it cured.

17 minutes ago, moons21 said:

Not sure how much help this will be, but I've used it on my White car and have had no runs from it.  Only thing is, I used the Ceramic Trim Coating on it the next day, so that could have locked in any potential for runs.  Same results when used on plastics on a SeaDoo, but again, Ceramic after it cured.

Thanks for the reply. Did the ceramic after help the longevity of the trim restorer? I might go that route, my car sits out in the sun all day and my trim pieces are already faded and I bought the car last year.

So for me the black trim restore consistently left black drip marks all over the bed of my white truck (used it on my bed cover).  Even over the summer when it got to 100+ down here, it never seemed to fully "cure" for me.  If I went too long without washing my truck I had to use excessive scrubbing to get it off.  Ive since been using ceramic trim coating and its working great.  It restored the color to my faded bed cover (just like trim restorer did).  So for me there's no point in buying the restorer than using CTC to seal it in, unless i wanted to add an extra step and spend more money.  Oh course it took about 7 rounds of cleaning my bed cover with RTC to get it to be perfectly clean, so I could apply the CTC.