Customer Service 866.965.0400

S&H & Revive Polish

ss95003

Question

I was reading the corvette forms and from my reading some people are saying that there is no way you can get swirl marks out of a corvette by hand since the clear coat is so hard.

Is this true?

I have a 2005 Lemans Blue vette with swirl marks that are driving me nuts.

Can you define hard? Do i just have to rub harder and longer? Any other tips. I am to cheap to buy the pc. :)

PM Rich, he still takes care of his black vette by hand, he'd be able to give you better advice than me. I'm too lazy, I use a Flex :hi::hi::hi::hi:

No need to pm everybody.

What I do is get an Adam's applicator pad and moisten it with a bit of detail spray. Then I put some S&H on one end of the pad and Revive next to it on the pad and wipe it on. You can use a little bit less S&H than Revive. Let it dry to a haze and remove with a clean microfiber cloth.

That's all I do.

Check out this video from Adam. He goes through it step by step.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_18.aspx

:thumbsup:

Corvette paint isn't necessarily any harder than any other GM paint I've worked on (relatively speaking) age and environment play just a big a part IMHO.

I've detailed vettes w/ 3 year old paint that have been a breeze to correct but they've spent their lives in mild weather.

In contrast I did a vette that was just over a year old but spent a lot of time out in Scottsdale AZ getting baked. That paint was hard as granite and took nothing short of an angle grinder to correct.

Newer paint is softer than older paint.

Certain brands (newer BMW and Porsche in particular) paint is softer than other brands.

Paint thats had prolonged exposure to heat and sun is harder than paint that hasn't.

This is all in my personal opinion/first hand experience, no science to it, just hands on impressions.

No need to pm everybody.

What I do is get an Adam's applicator pad and moisten it with a bit of detail spray. Then I put some S&H on one end of the pad and Revive next to it on the pad and wipe it on. You can use a little bit less S&H than Revive. Let it dry to a haze and remove with a clean microfiber cloth.

That's all I do.

Check out this video from Adam. He goes through it step by step.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Videos_DVD5_18.aspx

:thumbsup:

can you apply both together with a pc? what is the advantage of doing this?