Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need advise to wax

livingwater

Question

I purchased my '09 vette last July and had it amoured and detailed.

Since then I been washing and detailing the vette.

I'm getting up the nerve to wax the vette myself but need your advice.

I'm not considering using a Porter cable 7424 because the stress of screwing up the finish for now is too great.

What should I purchase to wax my corvette by hand.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Edited by Rich

12 answers to this question

I purchased my '09 vette last July and had it amoured and detailed.

Since then I been washing and detailing the vette.

I'm getting up the nerve to wax the vette myself but need your advice.

I'm not considering using a Portor gable 7424 because the stress of screwing up the finish for now is too great.

What should I purchase to wax my corvette by hand.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Hi Ron

Before you buy anything I would suggest you watch these videos:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

But no need to worry, Adam's products are extremely easy to use. And the results are guaranteed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Ron, The PC is extremely forgiving. Try it on a DD and you will see. I promise, once you have seen the results you won't go back.

But to answer your question, if you do not have any of the items in the Adams Paint Only kit, get the kit.

A better purchase if funds allow would be the Adams Essentials Kit. This kit would keep you busy for awhile.

Seriously, consider trying the PC out, you won't be sorry. Good Luck and enjoy the vette...

HI Ron -

First of all, welcome!

Second, no need to be afraid of the PC. Vettes have a very hard clear coat and it wold be nearly impossible to cause damage with a PC. Still, though, learning to walk before you run is always a good idea. Watch the videos, ask questions, and watch for clinics and other members in your area - lots of people around here would be happy to spend some time with you and show you how easy and effective a machine polish can be. :cheers:

Rich

Ron, I do my black vette and my dd by hand. No machine. Follow Bill's advice and watch the videos. You'll learn all you need to from them on how to do it by hand and get great results. :cheers:

Detailing a car by hand is one of the great joys in life. I've never machine polished myself, but as of right now I don't have any swirls either so I haven't felt the need. I'm sure the day will come when I have to machine polish. So by my experience with hand detailing it's pretty simple and straight forward. Like everyone said, watch the videos, they will show you better then myself of anyone here can describe. A picture is worth a thousand words. :)

You've also come to the right place. Adam's products are awesome. I'm no pro detailer but I did leave a partial sponsorship with another detailing company to come to Adam's and pay full price. I had a plethora of reasons but mainly because the stuff is awesome. I did my first detail with Adam's about a month ago and today after some rain, snow, road grime, more rain, rain, rain, heat, rain well you get the idea. The finish still looks amazing! All after just a simple afternoons work doing it by hand.

Don't be afraid to jump in and get started. Just make sure you have the right towels, applicators and such (which you can get right here) and take your time. Also be sure to post pics of your results.

Welcome to AF Ron :cheers:

First off the PC is very user friendly and you'll get great results. Second to answer your question I would recommend the Buttery Wax if you are wanting to do it by hand. Just make sure the surface is prepped properly for the best shine :thumbsup:

:drool: Beautiful color! Do not be afraid of the PC, trust me. It takes some practice to get the technique down but you cannot screw up your paint. It is not a rotary buffer it is an orbital. Junkman posted a great comparision pic of how the two work which illustrates why orbiatals do not screw up your paint if you are inexperienced.