Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's Next?

Marcus

Question

So I received my first Adam's Products and washed my first vehicle with the foam cannon using ultra foam shampoo. So what's next?...the paint needs scratches removed, tar needs to be removed, water marks on the glass needs to be removed, etc, etc,. I'm lost for what step(s) are next. I have a 2012 black suburban. The picture I posted is my current stock on hand. If there is a thread detailing the steps start to finish, it would greatly be appreciated. Thank You.IMG_7206C.thumb.jpg.4a4605e059094e3c6ff4063069199c5a.jpg

10 answers to this question

Hey Marcus,

ill give you my opinion..everybody has their own method!! Find what works for you.  

I would clean wheels n tires first. Then...

1. Wash car

2. Iron remover (can use diluted WC

3. Clay bar vehicle 

4. Polish. (I see you have all 3 polishes, if you want to correct swirls/scratches i highly recomend using SK or similar machine).  U may not need to start with CP, depends on how perfect you are trying to get ur paint but def finish with FP (white pad). 

5. Ipa/prep wipedown

6. Protective layer (wax, lps or CC). I see you have spray wax, would def recommend another longer lasting option).  I love the CC.  Def more involved for application.  

Good luck

This video should be pretty good in terms of detailing the steps

Make sure to use detail spray as a lubricant when you use your clay bar. 

For protection Tlbullet mentioned spray wax which would be a good option. Also you have H20 Guard and Gloss which will also protect, but again there are longer lasting protections out there.

I also am curious as to what is behind your Leather and Interior cleaner.

yO-yo  ma...def forgot to menrion spray libricant..i went off on a tangent and forgot to mention that! I also noticed he didnt have too much DS...i was hoping other members could recommend other options for clay lubricant...so that he could start his process with the products he has.  Such as ULtra foam mix in water???  

Any thoughts???  I have enough dS to flood my garage so i will def use DS ..but was thinking of saving his to use as DS!!  

2 minutes ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

This video should be pretty good in terms of detailing the steps

Make sure to use detail spray as a lubricant when you use your clay bar. 

For protection Tlbullet mentioned spray wax which would be a good option. Also you have H20 Guard and Gloss which will also protect, but again there are longer lasting protections out there.

I also am curious as to what is behind your Leather and Interior cleaner.

Just now, tlbullet said:

yO-yo  ma...def forgot to menrion spray libricant..i went off on a tangent and forgot to mention that! I also noticed he didnt have too much DS...i was hoping other members could recommend other options for clay lubricant...so that he could start his process with the products he has.  Such as ULtra foam mix in water???  

Any thoughts???  I have enough dS to flood my garage so i will def use DS ..but was thinking of saving his to use as DS!!  

Good call, JR. 

I've heard a 1:1 Shampoo to Water. But I dont know how I feel about that. I think I would just use the DS. And use either SW or H20 GG as a drying aid until I bought more DS

MAybe somebody else has experience with creating their own solution. Good catch!

Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin...behind the LIC is a bottle of Ceramic Waterless Polish. Just watched the video you attached. The title of it had me just skip over it when doing some research. It's a great video with great information. Seems it would benefit me to get a clay mitt. I have a lot of car to clay! And definitely need more DS

On 5/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Marcus said:

Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin...behind the LIC is a bottle of Ceramic Waterless Polish. Just watched the video you attached. The title of it had me just skip over it when doing some research. It's a great video with great information. Seems it would benefit me to get a clay mitt. I have a lot of car to clay! And definitely need more DS

I would recommend just using the DS and the clay bar you have should work just fine.

just make sure you don’t drop it and check how soiled the bar is before you put it back on the paint. If it’s very soiled, you may need to fold and stretch the clay to reveal a cleaner surface.

and yes I agree I always wanted to skip that video but one day I took the time to watch it and realize he took a lot of time to explain the steps. Glad it could be helpful!

also the ceramic waterless wash is one of my favorite things! I hope you enjoy that one.