Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash + Coat over Ceramic Paste Wax - Results

RayS

Question

Since my Wash + Coat and few other items from the new Ceramic line came in over the last week, we decided to wash all family vehicles that had Ceramic Paste Wax.   Based on recommendations from @falcaineer and @Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin, I used Wash + Coat and following my normal method, I used the Foam Gun.  The vehicles are not ceramic coated, they only have Ceramic Paste Wax them.

The first thing I noticed is that Wash + Coat did not produce the amount foam that I normally get from Ultra Shampoo, yet the lubrication on all the vehicles was equal to what I got with Ultra Shampoo, so I'll call it an appearance characteristic.  Following a normal two bucket wash, everything cleaned up as expected, although I also noticed that the water ran off the vehicle at what seemed like a higher speed - especially on my truck, which I've wash many time over the last 2 years.  The windows almost looked like they were streaking or going to streak, yet when I rinsed the vehicle everything came out spotless and had a good effect of the sheeting.  

Next up was the drying, two of the vehicles have had CPW on them for a while, the longest being since January 19th and the other since April 14th, they both were dried with Ceramic Boost.  The other two were dried with Ceramic Waterless Wash.  

We started this morning at 7:00 AM trying to beat the heat, so the lighting is at a few odd angles.   If you look at the front of the Mustang, you can see the reflective properties, overall I'd say we easily got 6+ months of longevity from the CPW.  I'm pretty confident that the CPW will hold until it cools down, October/November and I'll strip it down and rewax it.  

IMG_0029.thumb.jpg.1e740f00469b67fd6ca9d3700538d021.jpg

The Fiesta was waxed with CPW on April 14th, so it also got the Ceramic Boost drying treatment.  This is my son-in-law's car and yes I washed my hands after touching a non-red car.  Overall, the CPW is holding up very well since this is the daily driver and sits outside.  

IMG_0028.thumb.jpg.34c6a45ec8ed4b887acf8004ea5f79b6.jpg

Truck was done on June 9th and it also sits outside.  While it is my daily driver, in reality it only gets driven about 4 days a week with some weeks not driven at all.  It does get washed at least every other week.  I used Ceramic Waterless Wash as the drying agent.  

IMG_0032.thumb.jpg.e393fe916f88c3f348a482fd215695fd.jpg

Finally, we have the wife's new garage queen, which was done about 3 weeks ago right before embarking on a 2,200 mile trip.  The Terrain was dried with Ceramic Waterless Wash.  The lighting doesn't do it justice, but it looks fantastic.  

IMG_0031.thumb.jpg.327e4a75aa69b71e5f0325347bcd2f33.jpg

Observations:  

Getting the bugs off upfront is easier than doing it as part of the wash.   The truck was first and I washed it expecting the bugs to come off as part of the wash.  I'm sure some did, but others not so much.  The Wash + Coat puts what felt like a layer over the bugs making it a bit more work to get them off.  It is possible, they may have just been a bit more embedded or dried on, but I didn't take any chances with the Terrain and made sure it was bug free before I did the general wash.  I used regular Waterless Wash as the presoak for the bugs.

It took even less Ceramic Boost for the two vehicles that I dried with it than I usually would use after Ultra Shampoo over CPW.  I did not have any streaking or problems with the product, it worked exceptionally well.

I'm impressed with how well it cleans, how good it smells and  how it works with CB or Ceramic Waterless Wash for a drying agent.   For anyone that has a vehicle done with CPW, I absolutely recommend washing with Wash + Coat.  

Fire Ants:  For those of us living in the south, we know that Fire Ants are a pain, not just when you get bit either...  The Fire Ants are drawn to Wash + Coat.  While shifting some things around I had sat my Foam Gun on the ground, along with Wheel Cleaner, Eco Wheel Cleaner, APC and Ceramic Boost.  The Fire Ants were on the Foam Gun, then I noticed they were also on the wash bucket with Wash + Coat in it, but not the clean bucket.  I'm don't know if it is the scent or what, but the favored it and I tested that by putting a couple of drops on the concrete away from everything else and they went after it.  Word of caution, don't hang your hose on the wash bucket, they crawled up it.

Edited by RayS

2 answers to this question

Nice write up, Ray. Cars look fantastic! And yes, even the blue one 😆.

As for the fire ants, I can totally relate after being stationed in both NC and AL. But we don't have them here in CO so that's likely an unintended consequence by the Adam's development team! I'll talk to them about that 😁...

Nice job Ray! They look great!

thats funny about the ants! I hadn’t noticed them being drawn to the wash+coat. Next time I’ll be on the look out. I have some Severe allergic reactions to the little nibbles they give me.

in the future of you feel like you want the foam, Wash + Coat is good to be mixed with the other shampoos (not strip wash). So I like to have wash + coat as the soap in my bucket. But ill mix the wash and coat with mega foam or ultra foam in my foam cannon!