Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing door jams

bobfred44

Question

Can anyone lend insight on the best way to wash the the door jams and sills? Before I started to use Adams soap, I just wash down with the sponge and lightly sprayed down to rinse. Now with Adams soap, the foaming gun and the washing mitt, the soap is so intense it is difficult to "Lightly" spay to rinse. Is there a better method??? Thanks.

Dylan's idea is good but i also go with the damp towel. I have one car my DD and with Michigan weather it gets washed allot (i.e. Yesterday mid 50's today rain turning to snow and about 30). So when i dry the jams it usually cleans off what ever debris has collected since the last wash. I guess it depends on you and your ride.

I do it a couple way, usually with the towel after washing, but on the pickup they seem to get alot dirtier, so I have taken the wash mitt and the hose on low pressure and hosed it down , wash 'em and rinsed the soap off, but that is only on the pickup and the cars get real dirty, then I spray water with a spray bottle and wipe down changing side alot.

I clay bar, polish, wax, and Brilliant Spray Glaze my door jams :cheers:

do you kiss them goodnight too?? lol...jk.

If I had a sweet Vette like some on here, I would take more time in cleaning the jams. However, on my DD, a little DS on a cheap MF does the trick.

the door jams on my viper are really wide cause of the exhaust setup and there really scratched up so i might clay bar, swirl haze remover, polish, wax them...but there just gonna get scratched up again from getting in out

The trucks door jambs get really dirty here from driving around in all the rain on these dirty roads. I have to spray them out with the hose. The mustangs are done with DS and MF though, I need to put a coat of wax on the trucks and the stangs.

I learned also, way back in the early 70's, that the door jambs, trunk and hood jamb areas needed cleaning just like the rest of the car. I guess I never thought about claying and waxing them, looks like I have another step to do now.....:glasses:

I learned also, way back in the early 70's, that the door jambs, trunk and hood jamb areas needed cleaning just like the rest of the car. I guess I never thought about claying and waxing them, looks like I have another step to do now.....:glasses:

I don't know about claying unless the car is old. I tried to clay mine and I clayed both doors and nothing came out. I wax them though, the wax lasts forever :lolsmack: