Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's True Blue vs. the Original

mikegeaney

Question

Greetings,

I got part of my order today. I'm pretty psyched that the weather in the north east if finally staring to improve and I was equally psyched that Adam's came out with some new products. I got down with the 4 pack of the new towels because it was a great deal and I can always use more quality microfiber. I have included a picture of the new towel vs. the old standard to compare.

3400660628_7200e4df3f.jpg

The material/heft of the new towels seems to be the same to me as compared to the "old" ones. If the weather if nice this weekend I will give them a bid with a little BSG after a nice wash. I'm also looking forward to trying out the new Boar's hair brush with the green wheel cleaner. :2thumbs:

20 answers to this question

The lower price for the smaller one may make it more attractive to some. I don't know, I like the big ones too, thankfully I have a good stock. I know the new ones will be just as good, just need to order some.

Bruce

personally i love the old towel .. but i havent had a chance yet to sample the new ones .. i do preffer the smaller around 16'x16' towels thats much more managable..

Yesterday I finally got to use the new MF towels, I really like the size. It is much easier to use on lowered cars down near the bottom of the door and sideskirt, much less of a chance of dragging a portion on the floor. It is also easier to wipe down the car after polising and waxing as there is less towel when folded. The only thing that I was less satisfied with is the edging, I think the satin edge is far softer and less bulky. It may be a little less durable but it's worth that sacrifice IMO. All in all I give it a 9/10. I still like the original as well and it's great to be able to have 2 great towels to chosse from during a detail.

I've stocked up on the older towels, I have about twenty of them now. I like having more surface space to work with, personally. That being said, however, the new towels are definitely softer, and the microfiber edges are even more paint friendly, which is a bonus in my book. The fact that the towels fold into a smaller square makes it a lot easier for me to hold when buffing and wiping off polish and such, even if it makes me feel like I will have to change the towel sooner. Enjoy guys and gals, it's another new and improved product that is certainly better! :)