Customer Service 866.965.0400

HGG with Air Cannon

cskipgo

Question

Hello!  Searched for an answer and couldn't find one so I apologize if it has already been answered.

New to HGG, and read many articles on application.  I just got an Air Cannon, and wondering how well they go together.  Just additional info, my cars have paint sealant and I have alternated some Americana and Buttery.

Do I:

a) Spray before using Air Cannon

b) Use Air Cannon to get bulk water off, spray, and then MF towel the rest

c) Some other option

d) These two don't really play together well

Thanks for any two cents!

2 answers to this question

I agree with Brian. H2O Guard & Gloss is primarily used as a wet application method, but the dry application with a damp towel works well too! The current version (which has the red "With Hybrid Technology" on the front of the label) can now be used with a dry towel very similar to how Detail Spray is applied too; however, with your Camaro being a darker color, I would recommend using two towels - one damp and one dry - to avoid any smearing or streaking.

For me, I'll use the Air Cannon first to quickly remove most of the water from "high drip areas" like side mirrors, gas cap, trunk/door jamb/light seams, and grill inserts, but I do not dry off the entire vehicle. Then I'll apply H2O Guard using the wet method, one panel at a time.