Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car - Paint Correction

MJSLou

Question

Just got a new 2021 Challenger Widebody Shaker.  Been a while to buy Adams Polishes product as I still have some of the older items.  I see now that Correcting and Finishing polish have been replaced with Compound and Polish.  I've clayed the car and it feels pretty smooth already.   Do I need to use compound or can I go straight to polish?  What's the cutting difference between the two?

Regards...

4 answers to this question

Have you done the "baggie" test?  Put a plastic sandwich bag over your fingers and lightly run it along your paint. If it feels gritty, or you can feel something under your fingers with the plastic on, then you need to do a bit more work.  If not, go straight to polishing.  

Since you already clayed the next thing to do is a test spot to see how you want the paint to look.  If you are happy with the polishing then continue on with your process.  If you think it needs compounding then you can do it.  I have found dodge paint to do well with just polishing.  

The Compound is heavier cut than Polish. Think of it like HCC and CP combined, and Polish as a modified version of the old FP.

Agreed with doing a test area, 1'x1' taped off does well (painters tape, no locking edges). The results you're after are up to you!