Customer Service 866.965.0400

Confused about ceramic and regular shampoo...

clg82

Question

Hello everyone, awhile ago i was mentioning i was going to adams ceramic coat my ZL1. I did that and most if not all the mods and adams experts on here repeatedly told me that with a ceramic coated vehicle i would need to use all graphene products from this point forward. Bought all new "graphene adams" maintenance stuff to use on the newly ceramic coated vehicle, but watching a youtube video with Adam himself in it he mentioned something peculiar. He said "i don't care what type of soap of ours you use on a ceramic coated vehicle".....but i thought i needed to use a graphene product from here moving forward? What gives? Why try and sell me on something I wouldn't need?

5 answers to this question

Apologies for any confusion I may have caused. There's a difference between need, can and should. He's right, it doesn't matter what Adam's car shampoo you use, none of them will hurt it. You need to clean it. You can use whichever you like. You should use what's best for your situation at that particular time. Some are meant to simply clean or foam, while others have built in abilities to boost and rejuvenate the coating. Take your pick, or let us know if you want some advice of what to use and when. Hope that helps...

What you spent isn't going to waste, it will all be great to use. There's no one right way to detail. Still, if you don't like what you have, you could maybe also trade with other members in the Garage Sale forum

I looked back and saw your most recent posts about maintaining coating had to do with using Americana or adding more shine The responses still hold true. That said, what did you get that you seem to now regret? Maybe we can lend some advice as to how to incorporate it.