Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying time for spray glaze

Gone in 60

Question

I've tried the Brilliant Spray Glaze. For some reason, it doesn't seem to dry on my car - I keep shaking the bottle, but even after leaving it on the car for a good 30 minutes or so before wiping, it isn't actually drying. I can wipe it off no problem, but it takes some effort to get all of the streaks off. The car is in a garage, so there's no dampness issues.

What am I doing wrong here?

14 answers to this question

Chris, in my experience, the BSG can take up to a couple hours to dry. It is by no means quick if the weather is humid or cold. I think 45min to an hour is par for the course...

What i usually do is test a small area with my finger (wrapped in MF, of course). If I can slide my finger along the surface and create a small amount of fine dust, then its dry. If not, I find something else to do for about 30 min.

Chris, in my experience, the BSG can take up to a couple hours to dry. It is by no means quick if the weather is humid or cold. I think 45min to an hour is par for the course...

What i usually do is test a small area with my finger (wrapped in MF, of course). If I can slide my finger along the surface and create a small amount of fine dust, then its dry. If not, I find something else to do for about 30 min.

:iagree::iagree: It can certainly take awhile depending on the weather.

Using too much is all I can think of. Where about are you located, maybe one of us could take a look and see if we could help you. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Bruce

I usually just put it on and walk away for lunch or dinner or maybe even a nap :D:D:D

But I just started using it late last year so it hasn't been in more than 50* weather here. It takes a minimum of an hour for me.

:iagree::iagree: It can certainly take awhile depending on the weather.

:iagree:I second this, In my experiences it has taken 30 to 45 mins to dry and that is in the climate controlled conditions of my dads garage.