Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good News Thread

Rich

That is a nice fish :thumbsup:

Did you throw him on the grill :drool::drool::drool:

Well there is no world record for Tarpon caught in the Pacific Ocean as they technically don't live in the Pacific Ocean.

Some history.

Since the Panama canal was completed many years ago some Tarpon have swam through the canal and slowly started to setup breeding throughout some of the rivers down the panama canal. I was down at Tropic Star Lodge, considered to be the premier Marlin fishing lodge in the world, and it is pretty rare to catch a Tarpon and the largest one ever known to be caught was 30-40 pounds. This tarpon was estimated at 110-120 pounds. Kind of cool but who knows about the thousands of natives who live down the coast of Panama. We were only about 40 miles from the Columbian coast so we are really far south.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no good news. I'm just going to bit!h. All summer long it did nothing but rain. Every blessed weekend it rained. Every single car show it rained. Every picnic..........it rained. Looked forward to Carlisle.............and it rained. So now we're all set to leave for the shore on Tuesday and guess what? There's a da&n front coming up the coast and guess what that means for us? RAIN! Give me a break! I need some sun and relaxation! To say I'm pi##ed at the weather is an understatement. I can only imagine how much snow we're going to get this winter. :explode::explode::explode:

That is a nice fish :thumbsup:

Did you throw him on the grill :drool::drool::drool:

Tarpon are pretty much solid pieces of muscle and don't taste good. I forot to take one of his scales as a momento :mad:

Now all the yellowfin tuna tasted really good that night. :hi:

Sorry to hear about all that rain, the pacific northwest has had a nice dry and hot summer!

I have no good news. I'm just going to bit!h. All summer long it did nothing but rain. Every blessed weekend it rained. Every single car show it rained. Every picnic..........it rained. Looked forward to Carlisle.............and it rained. So now we're all set to leave for the shore on Tuesday and guess what? There's a da&n front coming up the coast and guess what that means for us? RAIN! Give me a break! I need some sun and relaxation! To say I'm pi##ed at the weather is an understatement. I can only imagine how much snow we're going to get this winter. :explode::explode::explode:

I love snow

Tarpon are pretty much solid pieces of muscle and don't taste good. I forot to take one of his scales as a momento :mad:

Now all the yellowfin tuna tasted really good that night. :hi:

Sorry to hear about all that rain, the pacific northwest has had a nice dry and hot summer!

Tuna is good too :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Image-2BD1F5604CF011DC.jpg

I can only imagine how much snow we're going to get this winter.

As the Farmers say here "Did you count the Fogs in August" ?

My Good news for the day is that I DETAILED MY CAR with Adam's Car Products and I am a very satisfied customer.

:glasses:

Don't want to think about snow yet...........:willy::willy:

I'm outta here. Heading for the shore till whenever. Later everyone!:rockon:

Hope your having fun and its not raining. :hi::hi:

We just had a wicked Thunderstorm blow threw and its heading East. :D

Today is the first day back to school for my stepson. I had to get up at 6 am to make sure his lazy butt was up and moving along.

I miss the summer months already. :o

Well, I'm back. Left on Tuesday am in the rain, but it only rained for about an hour into the trip. It wasn't a wash out on Tuesday once we got there, but by evening, it started raining. Wednesday morning was nice and we got to sit on the beach and watch the massive waves rolling onto the shore. The wind was close to 30 mph, and the sand was stinging our legs, but after about two hours, the next front rolled in and the rain started again. It rained all the rest of Wednesday and stopped around 5am Thursday. We managed to get a good walk along the boardwalk in before the rain started up again. After that, the $hit hit the fan. 40-50 mph winds, 15' waves that rolled the whole way across the beach up to the boardwalk seawalls, and 60*. The weather just plain sucked. And that's the kind of weather I drove home in today too. Now I'm home, the temp is 54* and it's raining. Nothing changes this summer.

We had a good time despite the weather.............and THE STEELERS WON!

Our weather is finally starting to change, hooray! It is only 80 degrees at 8 pm and the humidity is below 80%. Summer is on the way out!

Only bad news is the weather over at the Space Center (about 30 minutes from me) is not great, so no sonic boom from the shuttle landing, it's headed to Cali.

Welcome back Rich !!!!

Sounds like you really enjoyed the beach :lol::lol::lol:

I enjoyed the time away with my wife for sure. We made the best of it and had a good time despite the weather. The beach will still be there next year. :2thumbs: