Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene or UV Ceramic Coating

TR6speed

Question

My garage queen has not ever been truly coated with the full-on Ceramic.  I have only used the original ceramic spray coating and then the UV ceramic spray.  Thinking of doing the full-on Ceramic coating, but not sure if I want to go with the Graphene or going with the UB ceramic.  Maybe a little background is needed.  As I said the car really does not get driven a lot so have not been to concern with just have the spray coating and supplement it with the CS3, but now maybe the full ceramic would make life a little easier.  

So what say all you ceramic users?

4 answers to this question

I would definitely recommend the Graphene lineup. Of those, the spray versions are a ot easier, but the traditional/small bottle will last much longer. Prep is the same.

If that doesn't really help, this should give some more info to help decide:

Ok, so if I decide to stick to the spray coating, and I have nor used the UV spray in the past 10-12 months only the CS3, can the Graphene be used over the existing UV Ceramic spray?  I have gone over the surface with a plastic baggy and there is no need to clay the car and there are maybe a few minor swirls that take a lot of looking to see them even with the Adams Swirl Finder.  So, if I can apply the Graphene Spray should I wipe the finish down first with the prep or simply do the Spray application?

Yes you can use it over the existing layer.  Of course a light polish will net you better results as the coating will bond to bare paint.  Completely up to you if you want to just try a strip wash to get the surface as clean as possible.  

If you decide on the actual graphene coating, you will be fine with either version.  The original one is slightly easier to use as some complain that the advanced one is bit grabby upon removal.  I would go with the graphene version over the ceramic.  Keep in mind that the graphene coating is still ceramic at its core.

Thanks for the reply.  After some more reading on the Graphene and the video above I have decided to go with the Graphene Spray based on the durability and ease of application.  As I mentioned the Car is not a daily driver and most of the time in the garage it is covered.  After checking to car over and doing the plastic baggy teat claying the car is not needed, but I do plan to get my swirl killer out and go over the car prior to applying the coating.