Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to remove stubborn stuff that stays after regular washing?

JenovaImproved

Question

I have Teslas with adam's graphene advanced on them (6 mo old). I try to wash every month but sometimes it's every 6 weeks. Parked outside but in socal so it's not that bad. My wash usually consists of a foam cannon with Strip Wash, powerwash it off, then a graphene shampoo with TRC edgeless towels 1 per panel. Obviously I'm trying to avoid scratching. I don't press too hard or go in circles, try and press just enough to get stuff off. 

Problem I'm having is that, especially on the glass roof, I'm having particles and stains spots that aren't coming off during these washes. What would you suggest I do to step up the aggressiveness to take off this stuff? I could use a slightly more concentrated strip wash mix during the power wash step, press harder during the hand wash, use a more aggressive cloth for the washings. I specifically have yellowish stain circles building up on some decals (also ceramic coated) that maybe I should try to clean off with surface prep alcohol sprays? Maybe the glass should be cleaned with a glass cleaner (even tho it's ceremic coated too?). Honestly don't know what to try first suggestions appreciated. 

Edited by JenovaImproved

2 answers to this question

Sounds like it is time for a chemical decon.  Try adding an iron remover step.  Depending on which area of So Cal you are in, you could bring it by for me to check out the issue you are experiencing. 

If you can get pictures of the spots that are not coming off that would be helpful. There is a chance you may need to clay the car to get them off if they are embedded in the paint. 

one thing I would suggest is strip wash is intended for when you are going to reapply the coating or wax. I would not recommend using it every wash and would stick to a normal shampoo although I wouldn’t think strip wash would be strong enough to remove a coating.