Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I use "graphene ceramic coating spray" to topper on "graphene ceramic coating"?

turk

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, turk said:

Thank you. non-spray version don't need topper?

I didn't say that, but probably should have.  IMO, you're over-thinking this. 

Ceramic coatings don't need "toppers" because they ARE toppers.  What they need is proper care.  This comes in the form of cleaning, boosting, and (if available) garage storage.  Your "topper" question is most closely related to boosting, for which I recommend something like Graphene Detail Spray or Graphene Boost.  Applying a "lesser" (spray) coating on top of the "better" (non-spray) one is counter-intuitive to me.  Moreover, ALL coatings should be applied to properly prepared (i.e., cleaned, clayed, polished, and alcohol/prep wiped) surfaces.  That doesn't mean using spray versions as "toppers."  

So I’m with Turk on this one!  Why?  Because for me and my eye, I always achieved better visual results with the spray than I did with the bottle. Why? No earthly idea. None. But I did it with the original ceramic and again with the graphine, and the spray for me always achieved the better look. I did eventually stop using tbt bottle and went spray once a year, but, I had great results using the spray on top of the liquid ceramic. 

11 hours ago, galaxy said:

So I’m with Turk on this one!  Why?  Because for me and my eye, I always achieved better visual results with the spray than I did with the bottle. Why? No earthly idea. None. But I did it with the original ceramic and again with the graphine, and the spray for me always achieved the better look. I did eventually stop using tbt bottle and went spray once a year, but, I had great results using the spray on top of the liquid ceramic. 

I'm not arguing with your results, but you could have saved yourself time and money by just going with the spray after your initial finding that it looks better.  I can't think of any good reason to spend extra time and money applying two ceramic coats.  Use the ONE that works best for you and maintain it properly until it needs to be PROPERLY reapplied.