Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member - Info on detailing routines?

Geoff

Hello, new to forums .. I've been using Adam's products for a few years now.

What is your "regular" detailing routine for a daily driver?

Here's are mine -

Weekly:

- Rinse

- Ultra foam with Standard Foam Cannon

- Rinse

- Dry with blower, then micro-fiber towels

- Adam's detail spray

Monthly:

- Same as weekly, then;

- Wheel and tire shine

Bi-monthly:

- Same as monthly, then;

- Clay bar

- One step polish with swirl killer pro

Questions:

- Anything to add/change on the above?

- What is the difference between Ultra and Mega foam soap?

- Should I use a wax instead of the detail spray on my "weekly" (buttery wax or spray wax)?

- Or, should I use a ceramic product instead of wax?

Thanks for any advice!!

Welcome, Geoff! Lots of good questions, the first of which I'll answer by saying there's no one right way. That said, my recommendation is with your bi-monthly routine - clay maybe every oil change, every few months or even 2x/yr, and also there should not be a need to polish nearly as much. It should only be done when absolutely necessary. Remember, each time you're doing it you're removing some level of clear coat and you only have a finite amount on the car. What leads you to want or need to polish every 2 months? Are you're struggling with swirls and the like, it may be your wash routine or some other contributing factor, let us know what you're seeing... 

Ultra Foam has some silica-based protection, Mega Foam has no protection at all, it's the most concentrated car soap offered by Adam's. The latter will foam more as a result because anytime protection is added it reduces the amount of foam possible.

Detail Spray has some minor protection, but it won't build up nearly as much as either wax you listed. I'd say you stick to Detail Spray weekly and Buttery or Spray Wax as necessary as either wears away. In some cases, wax can burn off in a matter of hours or days in extremely hot temperatures because the boiling point is lower than what surface temps can reach.

This video should help guide you on which protection product is best for you...