Customer Service 866.965.0400

New vehicle protection recommendations

Marshall

Question

To my surprise, our local dealer called yesterday and notified me that my '23 Z71 Tahoe has arrived from the factory! Seemed like getting it with the 6.2L gas been some of the hold up. It's been on order since April of last year unfortunately. It hasn't sat outside too much so the paint is hopefully fresh. The dealer will do their minimal cleaning that I'm sure will produce its first scratches.  I was just curious what level of protection others recommend for a new vehicle like this. The paint is sterling silver metallic. 

Spray wax?

Buttery wax?

Adams paste waxes?

Or Graphene coating? Which I have absolutely no experience with.

This Tahoe will be a daily driver and not a show vehicle. Regardless it will be washed often and taken care of paint wise.

Thanks for any feedback!

2 answers to this question

Hi Marshall,
I get new, off the truck vehicles on a somewhat regular basis.  Most of the times the dealers will do a no touch delivery, which means they do not wash or even remove any of the stickers.  They just do the minimum required to get it out the door.

Even in those cases, you should plan on doing a wash and polish looking for any places that need additional work and take care of them accordingly.  With the exception of one recent vehicle that was request to have traditional wax, for which I used Americana, all the rest have been one of the Adam's Ceramics ranging from spray ceramic to through Graphene.    For my families vehicles, they all get Adam's Graphene products without question.

RayS,

Thanks for the response and recommendations! My wife and I picked up the Tahoe this morning and I was shocked. It was washed/dried very well. Even had a layer of spray wax on it! No scratches that I could find and I looked it over carefully in good light.  All shipping stickers removed perfectly too. Even the tire shine was applied properly, no runs/sling. It was our 1st time working with this dealership too. We found out today the owner has a classic car collection in a separate building and im guessing they take the PDI process seriously?  

Regardless, sounds like I should strip off the spray wax and use an Adam's ceramic product.