Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not getting any rainbow or tackiness...Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating

Stugots777

Question

Car is all ready for ceramic coating. applied it to my wheels and never saw any rainbowing and never felt any tackiness. tested it on an older vehicle and same effect, no rainbowing and no tackiness even after 10 minutes. really confused because i ve seen so many videos and you can see the rainbow in almost all the videos but for some reason i dont see anything. I have the black ligh, i have a flashligh and i even bought a Astro Pneumatic 50SL hand light. still cant see the rainbow. Temp has been 65-70 and 55-60 humidity. 

4 answers to this question

Rainbow can be hit or miss, but tackiness is a for sure.  Did you shake the bottle well?  How long did you give it to set up?  Sounds like you may be looking or wiping away waaayy too soon. There's just no way you went 10 minutes in those temps and didn't get some sticky coating. Your "sticky" meter is off, LOL.

14 hours ago, galaxy said:

Rainbow can be hit or miss, but tackiness is a for sure.  Did you shake the bottle well?  How long did you give it to set up?  Sounds like you may be looking or wiping away waaayy too soon. There's just no way you went 10 minutes in those temps and didn't get some sticky coating. Your "sticky" meter is off, LOL.

yes I shaked the bottle really well.....well lets put it this way, i am wearing black latex gloves and when i touch the application to feel for some sticky, the glove does not stick to it, it slides. i am assuming with some latex the glove would stick as i pulled away. dont get any of that, i touched it every minute for 10 minutes and nothing. 

2 hours ago, Stugots777 said:

yes I shaked the bottle really well.....well lets put it this way, i am wearing black latex gloves and when i touch the application to feel for some sticky, the glove does not stick to it, it slides. i am assuming with some latex the glove would stick as i pulled away. dont get any of that, i touched it every minute for 10 minutes and nothing. 

There's the issue. Use a plush towel instead, a Borderless Grey Lite towel works really well. When you lightly drag it and it's slick, it's too soon. When the fibers start to grab, that's when it's ready. Depending on temps and humidity, the higher they are the faster it'll start to happen.

Yes, as stated, the test is not with a glove or your finger, but how a towel drags across it.  How does it rub (or not rub) off?  If you're letting it sit for 10+ minutes, you also probably need to be going back over it and looking for high spots.  that's quite a chunk of time.  It's working, you're just not catching it.