Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Coating shelf life question

CorvZ061

Question

I bought the Graphene kit with light 2 years ago. I used it to coat my Mustang GT at that time, it was beautiful when done. I was an idiot, and traded that car in. Long story short, I was made an offer on my truck that I couldn't refuse and ended up back in a Mustang GT. I still have over 1/2 the bottle of that graphene coating left, it's been kept in my garage on a shelf with my other detailing supplies. It looks ok, I opened the bottle today expecting to find some dried around the rim of the bottle, but didn't find anything. When I opened the bottle it was under pressure, but otherwise seems ok? 

What is the shelf life of the coating? If I need to discard and buy new that's ok, but I'd be remiss to not ask first. it smelled almost like isopropyl alcohol when I opened it, but I can't remember what it smelled like new.

4 answers to this question

Hi Travis,

If the product has been keep sealed and in a climate controlled area, then it should be fine.  I have had some was sealed and climate controlled for almost that long and it worked without any problems.   The flip side is that over the two years there has been some very good advancements in the Graphene line, so if this is a new Mustang GT and the first coating, I'd lean toward a new bottle of the Advanced and know that I was putting the top of the line on it.

On 6/25/2023 at 6:44 AM, RayS said:

Hi Travis,

If the product has been keep sealed and in a climate controlled area, then it should be fine.  I have had some was sealed and climate controlled for almost that long and it worked without any problems.   The flip side is that over the two years there has been some very good advancements in the Graphene line, so if this is a new Mustang GT and the first coating, I'd lean toward a new bottle of the Advanced and know that I was putting the top of the line on it.

It was not climate controlled, so has the temp swings associated with Ga. I went ahead and used my coating on my minibike to test before putting on something I really care about. It didn't rainbow, but did level out fine. It appears to be hydrophobic, for how long? who knows. I'm going to play it safe, I went ahead and ordered another graphene kit, didn't go advanced since I've read about it not being as easy to apply. As well as the graphene shampoo and tire dressing. Hopefully this weekend, if it gets here in time, I can get started on it. Probably wash, claybar, and do some minor paint correction and rewash on Friday afternoon/evening and get up early Saturday morning while it's still cool and do the surface prep and apply the coating.