Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dry Ice Under carriage

bosco1

Question

Has anyone here had their under carriage cleaned by dry ice blasting? Your thoughts and approximate cost. I have a 69 corvette that I was thinking about trying it on. The closest place is about 100 miles from where I live. They only do it in the spring and fall here in my area, east Tn..

thank you for any info

dan

Edited by bosco1
grammer

3 answers to this question

Never heard of this till now, so I did some reading up on it. Sounds interesting......and expensive.  But sounds safe and effective.  Let us know how the process went and if you're happy with the results when (if) you get it done.:2thumbs:

About 2 years ago my work had a demo done in our facility to show off the dry ice cleaning. At the time is was very new and required industrial air supply to make the machine work. It was fun to watch and definitely got the job done. Now there are consumer-grade machines that will run on a regular air compressor. The next step would be to find a supplier of quality, ground up dry ice. 

It's become rather popular. I like hanging out on Bring a Trailer 'BAT' and many have done this and the under carriage looks phenomenal. Haven't seen an actual cost. I may send the Detail Shoppe a message that does this. They may have different levels etc... Was hoping to get alittle info here b4 checking..