Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash & Wax 1st Experience

Marshall

Question

I used Adams Wash & Wax for the 1st time ever tonight and I'm kinda impressed! I've been hooked on Mega Foam for over a year but wanted to try W&W. Mainly trying to get just a tad bit of protection between my use of MF and Adams Spray Wax.

I used roughly 4-5 oz. In my Adams premium foam cannon, then topped the cannon off with warm water. Nothing beats MF for super thick, clinging foam but W&W wasn't too bad. It was thinner and flatter foam for sure but it clinged to the truck decent. I let it sit for 10 min. and noticed some drying soap and streaking. Put some W&W on my wash mit and went over the whole truck (using the 2 bucket method). Then rinsed with my pressure washer and finally a pooling rinse with my garden hose and dionized water. 

I was surprised how easy it rinsed off, especially the dried soap streaks. Actually rinsed a little easier than MF.  The soap cleaned well and had very good lubricity. There was some shine enhancement and a little slicker surface than when using MF, but not a huge difference.

I'd definitely recommend it as an in-between soap for MF and whatever protection one might choose. My only disappointment with W&W was the smell. It's not a very strong peach sent at all. Not near as strong as MF's cherry like sent.

5 answers to this question

Hi Marshall,

The Wash & Wax works great on the garage door if it is fiberglass or aluminum.  It makes it easy to go over and really reduces the amount of dust and dirt that clings to it.  I try to do mine about 3 times a year, end of winter, after pollen season and late fall.  

Thanks for the suggestion Ray! Our doors are bronze color aluminum, pretty basic. I tried to use up my cheap car wash soap (didn't want to waste MF for that) on them last fall and the results were fair at best. After the pollen dump here this spring I'll hit them with W&W from the cannon. Definitely makes sense with the silica in W&W to resist dust and such. Didn't you make a post on here about using it on your camper? With good results?

1 hour ago, RayS said:

Sure did and it works very well on campers, motorhomes and vinyl fences.  

Gotcha!  Well, I decided to degrease/clean the Weber SS grill tonight. After scraping, soaking with degreasing agent, and an initial pressure wash, I finished with Adams Wash & Wax in the cannon. Then I lightly scrubbed on the outside and followed with a good rinse with deionized water. I was very pleased! Slight gloss enhancement too.

Not to trying to repeat myself but I'm seriously liking Wash & Wax even more! I washed my daughter's GMC Terrain and my AT4 on Sunday both had a coat of Spray Wax 3 weeks ago and there was a little remaining on the surfaces. After wheels/tries, I pre washed with Mega Foam on both with the surfaces dry. Just foam cannon and rinse. Then foamed with W&W and microfiber mitt wiped. Finished up with PW rinse and a final Deionized water, pooling rinse. Pulled them both in the garage and that was it. Next morning you could tell that I used W&W as my final verse MF. Slight gloss and a tad more slickness to the surfaces. It really seems to alow the wash mitt to glide over the surfaces even easier than with using MF