Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Armor

UTVol

Question

Hey looked at the review and the videos on application of the new Tire Armor.  Not 100% yet if I like it or not.  It did take a good amount of time to clean, prep, and apply the product.  It finished a bit glossier than I typically liked but if it saves me from dealing with these large off-road tires every wash then I am all for it.  

Anyway after doing all of that work, my wife takes the truck out and promptly catches a curb with the tires. I know there is something to be said about “learning to drive”.  Pictures of the rubs are below. So what do people do to repair?  Is it start over?  I tried doing some small application and that did not really work well. 

Current plan I was thinking is  Tire and Rubber cleaner and then sitting down again and applying the Tire Armor.   Any tips for speeding up the process or what to do will be appreciated.   Also hoping some of the gloss dulls out a bit and then I can leave it close to what I see after using the Graphene Tire dressing.  

IMG_0881.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg

1 answer to this question

Hi John,
My wife managed to ding her wheel and tire on her garage queen a while ago.  The result was a new wheel and multiple hours of my time to get the tire looking acceptable again.  According to how deep the scratches are in the tire you may be able to cover them with the chemicals or repair them with some #0000 steel wool.   It really comes down to the compound of the tires.   For the #0000 steel wool, I highly recommend trying a spot on the inside before going after the outside.