Customer Service 866.965.0400

white car

way2evil

Question

is a white car harder to detail then a black car?

i know black is hard but you can see whats going on with the black.

i have a white E63 that stays outside and has to be pretty beat up but its hard to see the bad stuff once she is clean any help?

8 answers to this question

White is not a difficult color to get shiny. Here is a picture of my 1992 Stealth that was taken in 2001. That would be about 9 years of daily driving for that car and it still looks pretty good. This car was detailed using Zymol products. I wasn't aware of Adams at that time. Unfortunately, I don't have the Stealth any longer (selling it was a bad decision) but that is another story.

Les

Depending on what type of white car it is, it can be harder or easier. You will have no problem telling if the swirls are going or not. Americana looks great on White !!!!

In my opinion they both have their own unique challenges. While black will show every little swirl, scratch, and imperfection white has a tendency to show ever little surface contaminant. What I will say is it is much harder to do white justice with a full detail.... thats not to say that white doesn't look good when its clean, its just that black almost always looks amazing after a buff and wax b/c you can see depth in the paint where as white will tend to look really shiney, but its hard to capture depth in a white finish.

In my opinion they both have their own unique challenges. While black will show every little swirl, scratch, and imperfection white has a tendency to show ever little surface contaminant. What I will say is it is much harder to do white justice with a full detail.... thats not to say that white doesn't look good when its clean, its just that black almost always looks amazing after a buff and wax b/c you can see depth in the paint where as white will tend to look really shiney, but its hard to capture depth in a white finish.

well said thats what i was trying to say.i also have a black car and you can see what you have done after a few hrs.i mean do i want to spend a few hrs on the white one and really not appreciate it.

well said thats what i was trying to say.i also have a black car and you can see what you have done after a few hrs.i mean do i want to spend a few hrs on the white one and really not appreciate it.

White is tough to remove waxes or get all the swirls out because its so **** hard to see them! I have had good luck simply doing my normal routine that I've practiced on darker vehicles.