Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams on 32 yr old lacquer

Here is another engine picture showing the flash chrome rocker covers which are original to W72 engines as well as the 800-cfm Q-Jet carb. The photo also shows the factory routings of the wires, vacuum lines, hoses, etc. Nothing has been altered or been appart. With the exception of the air cleaner taken off for these photos.

He hasn't posted in 4 months so I thing we may have a long wait :o

... and I was just about to let him know that those tires were only good for maybe 4 years at most. I hope he doesn't go speeding off on them. They could come apart while rolling down the road. I saw a Dateline report on that very thing.

Hey John, I had a 78 just like that (well not nearly as nice as yours) man that was a nice TA. Does your have the 2:72.1? (If I remember right?) gear in it as well? At take off it seamed to take forever to reach 80 @ WOT but on top end it would run with the best of them. well what I'm I asking you that for, If it were mine I'd pamper it to!!!

The only proof I had it though is a minute or so video on a vhs:(

Anyway John you got a fantastic piece of history!!!!:bow:

It has 3.23 rear gears. All 1977 W72 engine cars came with 3.23:1 gears from the factory.

As far as the tires, they are the factory originals. My car is no longer street driven. I do run it up and down the street in our addition every now and then.

It was hard not driving it, but I am now glad it turned out that way.

Edited by John Witzke