Customer Service 866.965.0400

No swirl marks

DCRANER

Question

O/k, after my post of "PC7424 Quick Question", I can tell you I find no swirl marks. I set up my Sears Halogen lights, 1,000 watts, and I honestly see no swirl marks. The reflection in the hood, fenders, doors, and trunk lid of my 09 Vette just shows the lights as crystal clear.

Now, this car is new, was sitting is the dealer showroom. When I got it home I clayed it and did (oops) Turtle Wax Ice. Now, maybe when I wash with dawn I will see swirls, but I really don't think so to a large degree.

I've had the car garage kept about a month and have washed with Adam's car wash and maintained with DS / Blue Microfiber.

So, if no or very minimal swirls after stripping the Turtle Wax should I just skip SHR / Orange Pad and start with FMP / White Pad, the MSW / Black Pad, and finally AW?

22 answers to this question

O/k, after my post of "PC7424 Quick Question", I can tell you I find no swirl marks. I set up my Sears Halogen lights, 1,000 watts, and I honestly see no swirl marks. The reflection in the hood, fenders, doors, and trunk lid of my 09 Vette just shows the lights as crystal clear.

Now, this car is new, was sitting is the dealer showroom. When I got it home I clayed it and did (oops) Turtle Wax Ice. Now, maybe when I wash with dawn I will see swirls, but I really don't think so to a large degree.

I've had the car garage kept about a month and have washed with Adam's car wash and maintained with DS / Blue Microfiber.

So, if no or very minimal swirls after stripping the Turtle Wax should I just skip SHR / Orange Pad and start with FMP / White Pad, the MSW / Black Pad, and finally AW?

Minamal swirls just use the fine machine and white pad.

Look Closer: Third picture from the top. :willy:

Good point. Maybe the direct natural sunlight with Cyber Gray Metallic shows something or fools the eyes. Not trying to dispute your opinion, I too find it odd. But, in the garage under floresent lights, then 1,000 watts of Halogen I tell you it is crystal clear, plus I put on reading glasses to be sure.

Maybe I should take pics under the Halogens?

Halogens don't reveal all scratches and swirl marks...most of them...but definately not all. A Xenon light, like the Brinkman Maxfire Dual Xenon will show much more. A 3M Sun Gun will show you EVERYTHING.

Are HID's considered xenon lights?

Halogens don't reveal all scratches and swirl marks...most of them...but definately not all. A Xenon light, like the Brinkman Maxfire Dual Xenon will show much more. A 3M Sun Gun will show you EVERYTHING.

Hey BVA, since you live in "The Land of Make Believe", Jersey, like me, maybe I could take a ride one of these days to visit you if you don't mind. You could take a look at my Vette and tell me what you see. Then I can make the right gameplan.

Hey BVA, since you live in "The Land of Make Believe", Jersey, like me, maybe I could take a ride one of these days to visit you if you don't mind. You could take a look at my Vette and tell me what you see. Then I can make the right gameplan.

How about I come to you? My lease was up for renewal and the revised terms were absurd (as in quadruple the price), so as of Friday morning I will no longer have a home base for my detailing :( I'd definitely love to help you out, though.

How about I come to you? My lease was up for renewal and the revised terms were absurd (as in quadruple the price), so as of Friday morning I will no longer have a home base for my detailing :( I'd definitely love to help you out, though.

Hey Thanks. I don't want you to go out of your way, but I live in Atlantic Highlands. I have a wedding this Sat., but Sunday free, and Monday have to take the wife to Dr. visit, but have from around noon & later free. Or, most other weekends I am just goofing around.

This is what I like about this forum :thumbsup:

Hey Thanks. I don't want you to go out of your way, but I live in Atlantic Highlands. I have a wedding this Sat., but Sunday free, and Monday have to take the wife to Dr. visit, but have from around noon & later free. Or, most other weekends I am just goofing around.

Atlantic Highlands would be a pleasant back-roads trip for me:burnout: Let's shoot for Sunday!

Atlantic Highlands would be a pleasant back-roads trip for me:burnout: Let's shoot for Sunday!

Cool, I'll send you the address & phone #. Guess I'll have to dust off my swirley Vette, comb my hair, wash the dog, ......................:):2thumbs:

This is what I like about this forum :thumbsup:

Yep, it's a pretty amazing place.

Baron if you can't find a place to live, you can come crash at my place out here in Illinois, but I think it might be a long commute for you. lol

Yep, it's a pretty amazing place.

Baron if you can't find a place to live, you can come crash at my place out here in Illinois, but I think it might be a long commute for you. lol

The house is covered! My detailing lair, which was a great 3 bay garage, is what's gone :( The old landlord, whom I was good friends with, sold it. The new guy is much less accommodating. The price I was paying was insanely low...now it's at the opposite end of that spectrum - so much so that I was actually speechless (imagine that) at what he was asking for it. So tomorrow, I'll be packing up my gear and begin the quest for a new space.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome

The house is covered! My detailing lair, which was a great 3 bay garage, is what's gone :( The old landlord, whom I was good friends with, sold it. The new guy is much less accommodating. The price I was paying was insanely low...now it's at the opposite end of that spectrum - so much so that I was actually speechless (imagine that) at what he was asking for it. So tomorrow, I'll be packing up my gear and begin the quest for a new space.

I've got some a great space out here in WA. You could probably consider it about an oh say 20 car garage...

I've got some a great space out here in WA. You could probably consider it about an oh say 20 car garage...

The commute would be a little steep for me :lol: 3 is the perfect size - I can get 3 cars going at once without falling over...if I had space for 20 cars, my psychology would be "get 20 cars in here at once and bounce around to each one". :willy:

The commute would be a little steep for me :lol: 3 is the perfect size - I can get 3 cars going at once without falling over...if I had space for 20 cars, my psychology would be "get 20 cars in here at once and bounce around to each one". :willy:

"Oh yea sir we will have your car done in about three weeks" :lolsmack: