Customer Service 866.965.0400

Auto transporter protection

mc2hill

Question

My neighbor is moving , Florida to New Hampshire, and is having her car transported. I am detailing her car as a going away present, but wanted to get some feedback from the 'forum folks'.

I'm not going to have as much time as I would like to work with the car, so after washing, I plan to clay and wax the front & hood. This should provide some protection, but was wondering if blue painters tape should be applied as well?

Thanks,

Mike

8 answers to this question

Is it getting towed or is she driving it? Also dont forget behind the wheels and rocker panels. I would recommend two coats of MSW or two coats of APW.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think she is having it towed since he said transported.

Thanks for the suggestion Ty. BTW, it was nice meet you yesterday at the Lakeland YMCA show. The cover would be a excellent way to go, except I'm pressed for time on this, it goes on the truck on Monday morning!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Since I was in a time crunch I decided to forgo the tape, due to the setup time of the wax.

I washed it last night with ONR in her garage, then clayed the front-end & hood, removed some scratches from the hood with SHR & FMP, and put on one coat of MSW. This morning I did the wheels with GWC, put on another coat of MSW, put VRT on the tires & trim, did a quick interior wipe down with the Interior Cleaner, and finally wiped off the 2nd coat.

It was a Subaru Outback Sport, very cool little car, and will definitely be more at home in New Hampshire that in Florida!

Sorry no pics, I was in a hurry to get started! :(

Edited by mc2hill
wording correction