Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT in Bed liner?

Brent44

Question

19 answers to this question

I am doing a Tundra this weekend and am wondering if anyone has used VRT for the plastic bed?

IF you want to take the time to do it go ahead. And another problem with putting vrt on a plastic bed liner is it will make it more slipper then it already is.

IF you want to take the time to do it go ahead. And another problem with putting vrt on a plastic bed liner is it will make it more slipper then it already is.

Good point, I'll ask the guy if he wants it or not. He is about to sell it so he may not be using it to haul anything.

the Toyota bedliners are "plastic" but they are not drop-in. they are fully built-in to the bed design in what Toyota calls a "composite" bed.

I have a Tacoma with one of these liners and I VRT it all the time. Sure, it does make it a little slick, but I go over it with a cheap MF and reduces that problem a bit. The VRT really hides the scuffs and scrapes well. It looks like a million bucks when Im done!

I guess the decision might be made around the idea of how the guy uses the truck. If I used mine consistently for work, I wouldnt want the liner VRT'd.

the Toyota bedliners are "plastic" but they are not drop-in. they are fully built-in to the bed design in what Toyota calls a "composite" bed.

I have a Tacoma with one of these liners and I VRT it all the time. Sure, it does make it a little slick, but I go over it with a cheap MF and reduces that problem a bit. The VRT really hides the scuffs and scrapes well. It looks like a million bucks when Im done!

I guess the decision might be made around the idea of how the guy uses the truck. If I used mine consistently for work, I wouldnt want the liner VRT'd.

Thanks for the tips!

I still have some In&Out, but I wouldn't use it on the bed liner though. I do wipe my Rhino lining down with VRT and am very happy with the results. The latest trend is cutting VRT with Distilled water about 50/50 in an old spray bottle and spraying it on surfaces too difficult, or too big to reach. Try it.

Bruce

I still have some In&Out, but I wouldn't use it on the bed liner though. I do wipe my Rhino lining down with VRT and am very happy with the results. The latest trend is cutting VRT with Distilled water about 50/50 in an old spray bottle and spraying it on surfaces too difficult, or too big to reach. Try it.

Bruce

I'll try that in the future, but unfortunately the detail on his truck was canceled, he ended up getting an offer he couldn't refuse and went ahead and sold it. The bright side is I'm doing his BMW instead