Customer Service 866.965.0400

New product coming out???

Cyclone

Question

20 answers to this question

Even though a compound would be useful, it's something that can be dangerous in untrained hands. Hopefully the bottle will come with a disclaimer printed on it :willy:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I think that is why there hasn't been one yet :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

To be honest I have used 2000 followed by 3000 wet sand paper and then used the orange pad with SHR and been VERY happy with the results. It took a while but the results were fabulous. My guess is the new products will reduce the total time to take it from haze to shine.

My guess is the new products will reduce the total time to take it from haze to shine.

That would be great. I'd love to see a product that's a direct answer to Meg's M105 or Menzerna S34A: A compound with great correction ability and can finish down wax ready with the right technique.

That would be great. I'd love to see a product that's a direct answer to Meg's M105 or Menzerna S34A: A compound with great correction ability and can finish down wax ready with the right technique.

M105 is one of the most amazing polishes I've ever seen, no offense to Adam.

For us noobies would you define a compound vs a polish. I assume a compound is way more aggressive.

In a very basic way yes.

Think of compounds more in terms of "liquid sandpaper" they're far more aggressive (typically) and tend to leave the surface looking dull. Because of how aggressive they tend to be its typically advised you only spot correct with compounds, no sense in removing layers of clear in areas that don't need it.

Polishes are intended, obviously, for lighter defect removal and as you can tell from anytime with SHR or FMP will leave your finish glossy and wax ready.

Of course there are those oddball compounds out there like Mezerna which if used properly can leave you with a wax ready surface.

In a very basic way yes.

Think of compounds more in terms of "liquid sandpaper" they're far more aggressive (typically) and tend to leave the surface looking dull. Because of how aggressive they tend to be its typically advised you only spot correct with compounds, no sense in removing layers of clear in areas that don't need it.

Polishes are intended, obviously, for lighter defect removal and as you can tell from anytime with SHR or FMP will leave your finish glossy and wax ready.

Of course there are those oddball compounds out there like Mezerna which if used properly can leave you with a wax ready surface.

:iagree:

To put a number on it - something is generally considered a compound between 800 - 1500 grit. "Polishes" range from 1500 all the way up to 5000 grit.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome