Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to use to get Rubber off paint

fiveoh

Question

16 answers to this question

I've got some rubber still on my paint from doing burnouts at the track last weekend. What do you recomend to get this off?

I'd start with some diluted APC, or maybe some diluted GWC, and see if that does it. If not, go to full strength but don't let the stuff dry on the paint.

A claybar would probably work, too, if the rubber is pretty fine.

:thumbsup:

I'd start with some diluted APC, or maybe some diluted GWC, and see if that does it. If not, go to full strength but don't let the stuff dry on the paint.

A claybar would probably work, too, if the rubber is pretty fine.

:thumbsup:

Oh its nice a chunky. ;) Thanks I'll try that out. I went over it when I washed the car with the wash pad and I got tons of pieces of rubber in it(had to get my other) and was scared of scratching the paint.

Thats what i am talking about. Nice part is if he done something to the motor it is still under warrenty

Maybe. I have a customer who's car is equipped with a "black box" of sorts. He was telling me that written on a service invoice was "take it easy on the car"; he asked the manager what was meant by that and as it turns out, the car data logs the previous 48 hours of driving: speed, shift points, fluid temperatures...pretty much everything. :willy:

After a track day I use westleys bleach white and it melts the rubber right off, even off the clear bra without hurting it.

But I'm with him^^^ taping it off saves a lot of work. I'd never been seen with blue tape on my ride though as I can't think of anything more ghetto. I use flat black low tack vinyl, and since I have it in 24" wide it's a lot easier than working with 1" strips of blue tape, lol.

Thats what i am talking about. Nice part is if he done something to the motor it is still under warrenty

The guy doing the burnout was the plant manager at Bowling Green.....I don't think he has to worry about the warranty. :lolsmack: