Customer Service 866.965.0400

Its been over 3 years!?!?! (lots o pics)

Team Adam's

I was going thru my fireproof safe looking for some documents and came across the folder I have all my TBSS related docs. I was looking at the pink slip (thinking about how much I enjoy not having a payment :D ) and some other stuff and noticed I had my original sales contract from the dealer dated March 11th of 2006!! Now this maynot seem like a big deal to many, but I rarely keep vehicles longer than 2 years... I get the new car bug very easily and haven't found a cure other than to go buy a new car :help:

Anyhoo... thought I'd post a 'then and now' for my VERY OLD (not 'Bill-old, but old) TBSS... I had been thinking about unloading it in favor of something new, namely a loaded GMC Sierra Denali... but now I think shes gonna get parked and become my project, blower anyone? :burnout:

Here she is the morning after I brought it home, in all its stock glory, lookin like its ready to offroad its so high off the ground :lolsmack:

395932d0.jpg

648ebbcb.jpg

60202b22.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

A little photoshop of what I was thinking of doing at the time:

TBonblackcopy.jpg

Painted some of the underhood platics

DSC_3213.jpg

Added the sub into a built in box usiing the subfloor cargo space... since pulled out to make room for a stroller :(

image0006.jpg

image0011.jpg

Blacked out the badges:

CooPix0108.jpg

Obliterated a few sets of tires

smokeem.jpg

Swapped the tails for blacked out IPCW LED's & converted over to 8k HID's

image0010-1.jpg

image0013.jpg

Upgraded the breaks

img024.jpg

Dropped it 1" and shortly thereafter decided it wasn't low enough

image0001-2.jpg

image0009-1.jpg

Added another 2" of drop... still thinking I wanna go lower

image0001-3.jpg

DJMdrop2.jpg

And here we are today

rszdc0827.jpg

DSC_4769.jpg

Also didn't mention the custom CAI, catback, and dyno tuning work... glad I haven't added up the receipts yet :loser:

Its been a long journey when I look back at it thru pictures... can't believe its been over 3 years already!! More good stuff to come... UPS should be here today with what begins a new round of mods :D

Edited by Dylan06SS

You drop that any lower and it will be a vette :lol::lol::lol:

Is it true that chicks dig guys who drive around with a stroller in the back of their SS:willy::willy::willy::willy:

And at heart I'm younger than all of you :banana::banana::banana::banana:

You drop that any lower and it will be a vette :lol::lol::lol:

better get ready to change my name to Dylan06vette then... just ordered some new parts :D

kbeenew.jpg

Is it true that chicks dig guys who drive around with a stroller in the back of their SS:willy::willy::willy::willy:

my wife digs it :thumbsup:

The chicks? Not so much. :(

And at heart I'm younger than all of you :banana::banana::banana::banana:

with the IQ of a 5 year old to match :jester:

Dylan you know thats funny you mentioned almost having your car three years because I just realized that come September my mustang will be three years old. I am having the same dilemma especially with some of the new vehicles coming out.

Your SS is sick and I'm not even a big fan of SS's at all. How much does a supercharger run for one of those? I also want to say that I think the stock wheels in black look better than those other wheels would have. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments and congrats on 3 years with your Pony!!

The supercharger ain't gonna be cheap, primarily b/c I have to put in a trans that'll stand up to it first. I've gone thru a few tranny's already with just the basic bolt ons... adding a blower isn't gonna sit well with my weak 4L70e and rear end.

I have a call into my transmission guys.... probably gonna be around $3500 for the new trans, trans cooler, bigger stall, and all the other goodies.... then the blower itself retails around $6500... gonna work a deal with a contact for some detail work to drive that price down on top of my "good guy" discount.

Nice progression Dylan! My progression pictures have it going from a black 06 to a silver 09. lol

If the 'new-car' bug bites again, GO BUY A 2009 MODEL BEFORE THEY ARE ALL GONE! It worked for me. lol

Are those coil-overs from the last Norcal GB? I am anxiously awaiting for mine still!

EDIT: I just noticed I bought my Black 06 new TODAY 3 years ago! Huh, what are the odds?!