Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to apply Leather Conditioner

Team Adam's

Question

Crazy obsessive mad scientist type detailer checking in here --

for seats that have gone a long time without conditioning I prefer to use an almost excessive amount of product and massage it in HARD by hand, as in with my bare hands kinda like a massage for your leather. Afterall it is just skin when you think about it!! I really rub it in there and apply a lot of pressure. Once the surface is entirely treated I wipe off the excess with a clean/dry microfiber towel, wait a bit then apply a normal coat with a foam applicator. The excess pressure, product and massaging soften the leather and allow the product to be worked as deep as possible into the surface... also makes your hands soft :D

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Since it was mentioned that the heat from the hands is not a factor maybe just using a rubber glove to prevent the smell of leather. Unless you enjoy smelling you're hands all day.:2thumbs:

Only thing with this is I picture the gloves not wanting to slide very easily on the leather making the massaging kind of hard to do.

Since it was mentioned that the heat from the hands is not a factor maybe just using a rubber glove to prevent the smell of leather. Unless you enjoy smelling you're hands all day.:2thumbs:

Nah, then you couldn't walk up to random people and say "smell this". :lolsmack:

I tried this once with meguiars leather conditioner cream but not yet with adams. Is there any bad affects to doing this while the leather is cool/cold? Its getting chilly here in the qc and I want to add some conditioner to my seats, dash, and door panels. Could this method work on the dash and door panels to or should I use a applicator pad?

Believe it or not I JUST got my first bottle of Adams conditioner (using up the old stuff) and was amazed how close the color is to my new sofa... Ok I know... (GAY)... But my Sofa is entirely leather so I knew I wanted the best to start it out with. My sofa is the same color only darker. So I will get to work on it here soon. I'm afraid it'll use the whole bottle!

Chris

Believe it or not I JUST got my first bottle of Adams conditioner (using up the old stuff) and was amazed how close the color is to my new sofa... Ok I know... (GAY)... But my Sofa is entirely leather so I knew I wanted the best to start it out with. My sofa is the same color only darker. So I will get to work on it here soon. I'm afraid it'll use the whole bottle!

Chris

It was one of the first things I grabbed when I had my SS. Now i just need to try other stuff.

Chris

I use my Adam's conditioner on my leather sofa and love seat now. No other leather conditioner has made my leather as soft and supple as Adam's has. I have only been applying it once every 3-4mo. and it holds up really well...

Finaly got to use the conditioner..........and it worked great! There was this red dried up drink on my black leather next to my daughters car seat. been there for months. It was sticky to the touch, just nasty. used the interior cleaner.....came right up! Awsome stuff. then i used the conditioner in just a few spots for now and WOW. It is definatly noticable where i applyed the conditioner. Outstanding!!!