Customer Service 866.965.0400

Camaro Detail

Team Adam's

Another weekend with my friends 35th anniversary Camaro SS... daily driven and he gets dirty at work (field Mechanic). You might recognize this dirty car from my first detailing contest entry... shes back for more!! I was expecting it to be bad when I got it and boy I wasn't disappointed. Should've gotten more after pics, but with it being 99* out in my garge I just wanted to get back in the house and take a shower. I'm freakin' exhausted!!

BEFORE:

DSC_5085.jpg

DSC_5086.jpg

DSC_5087.jpg

DSC_5088.jpg

DSC_5091.jpg

DSC_5092.jpg

Interior was the worst so thats what I'm most proud of turn around wise... spent about 50% of the time on the interior. Does Adams Leather & Interior Cleaner work? I dunno, you tell me :D

DSC_5094.jpg

Only spot left on the seat back is the outer bolstering, that is actually a part where the rubbing from getting in and out has worn thru the colored layer of the leather and is deteriorated beyond saving.

FINIHSED:

DSC_5095.jpg

DSC_5097.jpg

DSC_5100.jpg

DSC_5108.jpg

PROCESS:

Interior -

All plastic, leather, and vinyl cleaned with Adams Leather & Interior Cleaner at full strength

Dressed with Adams VRT and Leather Conditioner

Carpets Shampood with Adams Carpet Cleaner and Extractor

Headliner cleaned with Woolite 10:1 water mixture and MF cloth

Glass Cleaned with Adams Glass Cleaner + Glass Towel

Exterior -

Strip washed

Wheels/Tires cleaned with APC in various concentrations + BHB

Clayed with Adams Blue Clay + Detail Spray

2 Passes Swirl & Haze Remover + Orange Swirl Killer pad (6000opm)

Spot treated heavy scratches with 4" focus pads on cordless drill

1 Pass Fine Machine Polish + White finishing pad (4000opm)

1 Pass Machine Superwax/Sealant + Gray pad (3000opm)

Brilliant Spray Glaze on glass, headlghts, tail lights, and wheel hoops

Invisible Undercarrige Spray on inner fenders

Tires dressed with VRT

poor car. How can you get it that dirty.

The owner is a feild mechanic for a fiber optics installer, meaning often times he is on his back in a dirt construction yard doing maintenence, fixing broken axels, changing oil, etc. They don't bring the trucks into the yard for fixes b/c they're so busy so he fixes em wherever they are when they break or whenever he can get them long enough for maintenence. When he heads home hes covered in oil and dirt... so it is what it is. He bought the camaro as his 'commuter car' (runs 12.9 in the 1/4) I've posted it before, but his baby is widely accepted as the fastest Silverado SS in the world, here it is after the last time I detailed it:

Chase02.jpg

Just underwent a heart transplant and will be in my garage prior to a magazine shoot in the next few weeks. Went from a Vortech aftercooled, methenol injected, juiced, stroked motor to a twin turbo 427 with a big shot of GO-GO juice... it was the fastest before... its even faster now!! :drool:

Sexy! Not you Dylan, the camaro and that silverado!

it about time u came out bro..its ok i still love u ...yoo come by apartment soon kid !

back to the cars yea man thats a sexy SS in my opinion cars are meant to be driven and its awesome that your boy can DD his car around to work...

Seat covers, mats (or like, dealer service seat bags) sound like good ideas for the use this car gets :). Sooner or later the petroleum won't come out of whatever it infiltrated :(.

Beautiful job cleaning it all up!...............amazed at the carpets too.

Thx. See ya. :hi:

Hell of a field mechanic making that kind of money...

Great job Dylan!

I'd love to sell your buddy some Tyvek® suits to wear either in the car or on the job... lol

Chris

Hell of a field mechanic making that kind of money...

Great job Dylan!

I'd love to sell your buddy some Tyvek® suits to wear either in the car or on the job... lol

Chris

LOL... yea... some of its inevitable, the rest of it is hes just too lazy to change before he goes home. He is one hell of a good mechanic... does most of the work on his truck and the camaro himself... also been huge in helping me with TBSS mods. He'll be lending a hand when I start on the latest rounds of suspension upgrades. We work trade out... I detail his cars, he helps me mod mine... its a nice arrangement :glasses:

Eye candy... heres the LSx 427 hes dropped into the truck... I believe its in already and mated up with the twin turbos :drool:

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02641.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

GREAT job Dylan. Love the way the interior came out.

Just want to make sure I understand.

Are you telling me if I pull up along side of that truck at a red light,

in my 3.0 Ranger, I shouldn't mess with him? :burnout:

You got that correct.

Just want to make sure I understand.

Are you telling me if I pull up along side of that truck at a red light,

in my 3.0 Ranger, I shouldn't mess with him? :burnout:

I'd say its safe to assume unless you have a 10second, track ready, car pulling up next to him at a light and attempting any kind of race would be an exercise is futility. Its not just the HP... its the fact its AWD and hooks so hard. That thing will pin you so hard to your seat its unreal.

Nice job on that detail job, really don't see how somebody could get a car that dirty but he managed too lol. How much did that detail job run him??

Hes a good friend of mine and my source for specialty tools when I need to do some work on the TBSS... so he didn't pay much, we work mostly on trade out. :2thumbs: