Customer Service 866.965.0400

Project: Stepdad's Farm Truck

MMMMRice

Question

Background: 06 GMC QCSB used mostly on the farm going through fields, hualing seed, and pulling combine heads. To be completely honest, I bought my truck at the end of this february and its been washed as many times as his.

The truck went to the dealership tuesday to get the oil changed, and the dealership ran it(was completely brown at the time) through their car wash... making my job that much harder.

Here are some pictures of the truck before I washed it.

100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0564.jpg

100_0566.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0565.jpg

100_0567.jpg

100_0569.jpg

100_0568.jpg

Better view of scratches after I washed/dried

100_0570.jpg

100_0571.jpg

100_0572.jpg

The white mark below is from me. The **** stool slipped and decided to trade paint with the door. There is no dent, but any pointers to remove the paint would be helpful.:mad:

100_0573.jpg

100_0574.jpg

23 answers to this question

The truck has been claybarred. Tomorrow I will start the polishing. What could I use to remove the brown from the once light grey seats? I didnt recieve any leather cleaner when I bought my complete kit. Instead I recieved two bottles of the undercarriage spray.

What could I use to remove the brown from the once light grey seats? I didnt recieve any leather cleaner when I bought my complete kit. Instead I recieved two bottles of the undercarriage spray.

You could dilute some APC 10:1 - that should take care of it.

Even well used, it's still pretty nice for a farm truck.

One of my best friend's Dad bought a 2 year old lease turn in one time ridiculously cheap. The former lease holder was a steel company or something and was used in the yard. It was comically beat up. Forklift holes through the wheel wells in the bed. A peeled back door from backing into something with the door open. All 4 tires different. The bed all wompy from a wrecking ball rolling around in it. Half the foam torn out of the seat. And barley and unscratched or undented spot on the whole thing. It was amazing. It was mechanically good and low miles though and he got it cheeeeeeeep. It was so damaged the former owner had to pay the full amount anyway and they just wanted it off their lot. Anything they sold it for was profit anyway. Still has it actually. It's probably better than 12 years old now. Never fixed a thing on it, even though initially he said he was gonna get a new bed and door, paint it, etc.

If you were supposed to get the Leather Conditioner and got an extra bottle of Undercarriage Spray by mistake, then just call Ashley and it'll be corrected.

But when you can, get a bottle of the Leather Cleaner AND a bottle of the Leather Conditioner. The two work together for best results.

That truck needs some TLC. Looking forward to the "after" pics. :2thumbs: